Every year the MEDIA Sub-programme supports more than a hundred European festivals notable for their particularly rich and varied programme of European films, their efforts to engage with the general public and their activities involving professionals in large numbers. Both Dublin International Film Festival and Cork International Film Festival have been a recipient of this support.
This scheme supports a number of film festivals throughout Europe that promote European cinema. One of its priorities is to support audience development as a means of stimulating interest in and improving access to European audiovisual works. Applications for festival support must include Audience Development initiatives, in particular initiatives aimed at young audiences.
Next Deadline: 26 April 2018 11.00AM IRISH TIME
- Deadline 2: 26/04/2018 at 11.00AM IRISH TIME
A minimum of 70% of the eligible programming presented to the public during the festival or a minimum of 100 feature films (or 400 short films) must originate from countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme. Within this "MEDIA Sub-programme countries" programming must comply with the following:
- 50% of the films must be non-national.
- At least 15 of such countries must be represented
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Film Festivals Scheme can be found here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.