Promotion of European Works Online
This scheme supports the digital distribution of European audiovisual works to a wider, international audience as well as supporting projects that experiment with new models of distribution.
NEXT Deadline: 2018 TBC
Previous deadline: 6 April 2017.
The total budget for the co-financing of projects is estimated at €3.15 million for Actions 2 & 3. Applicants can request a maximum of 50% of their eligible costs.
European entities (private companies, non-profit organisations, associations, charities, foundations, councils, etc.) established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and owned either directly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries.
Applications for this call can be submitted for one or more of the following actions:
ACTION 1 - Support for the promotion, marketing and branding activities of existing VOD services
- Actions such as digital promotion, marketing, branding, tagging and development of new offers by existing VOD services offering a majority of European films. The aim of the action is to improve the visibility, discoverability and global audience of European audiovisual works;
ACTION 2 - SUPPORT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF "ON LINE READY" PACKAGES
- The preparation of digital packages facilitating the commercialisation of European audiovisual works on VOD services provided in countries where those works are not available.
- The catalogue must have a minimum of 20 European audiovisual works that demonstrated commercial potential. In case of catalogues constituted only by television series (fiction or animation), the catalogue must include a total of at least 20 episodes of one or several series. Each film in the catalogue must be made available in at least five countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme except for TV series where this criterion does not apply.
- Each title needs to have been sold for theatrical or TV distribution in at least five countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme. The catalogue should follow a clear editorial line and be accompanied by a specific marketing strategy.
ACTION 3 - SUPPORT TO INNOVATIVE STRATEGIES FOR DISTRIBUTION AND PROMOTION OF EUROPEAN AUDIOVISUAL WORKS
- This action is aimed at encouraging innovative strategies for distributing and promoting European audiovisual works. It shall aim at developing new business models or tools in order to improve the potential audience of European audiovisual works.
- Projects shall focus on the convergence and complementarity between off-line and online distribution platforms and/or the transnational availability of European audiovisual works within the digital environment and/or new approaches to audience development in the digital age beyond traditional distribution practices
A significant change to this year's call is that Action 3 now includes support for audience development initiatives focusing on innovative and participatory strategies in order to reach out to wider audiences (this was previously funded through the Audience Development scheme).
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Online Distribution Scheme can be found here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.