Support for Content Development of a Single Project
1st Deadline: 17 November 2016
2nd Deadline: 20 April 2017
The financial support awarded will take the form of lump sums as follows:
- €60,000 for Animation projects
- €25,000 for Creative Documentary Projects
- €30,000 for Drama if the estimated production budget is > €1.5m
- €50,000 for Drama if the estimated production budget is =/< €1.5m
This scheme is for independent European production companies (established for at least 12 months) who can demonstrate a recent success (see description of Track Record below) who wish to develop a new project with international potential for cinema, television or a digital platform for which they own the majority of rights.
Eligible companies can apply for support to develop the following:
- Projects intended for cinematic release: Feature films, animations and creative documentaries (min. length of 60 mins)
- Projects intended for television (one-off or series): Drama (min. length 90 mins); Animation (min. length 24 mins) ; Creative documentaries (min. length 50 mins)
- Projects intended primarily for the purposes of Digital platform exploitation: Drama (min. length 90 mins); Animation (min. length 24 mins); Creative documentaries (min. length 50 mins). For projects presenting a user experience in a non-linear format e.g. Virtual Reality, these minimums do not apply.
The day of principal photography, or equivalent, of the submitted project must not be scheduled to occur within 8 months from the date of application.
Applicants must also be able provide evidence that they were either the sole production company (or the majority producer in a co-production) on an eligible project which has been...
- produced in the five years preceding the submission of the application
- and been commercially released or broadcast internationally since 1 January 2014.
If the company doesn't have the required track record then the personal onscreen producer credit of the Chief Executive or one of the shareholders can be used instead.
How to Apply
Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form.