24 November, 2016 at 11.00am Irish time
25 May, 2017 at 11.00am Irish time
The financial support awarded is as follows:
- Fiction or animation projects can apply for up to 12.5% of the production budget (capped at €500,000)
- Creative documentaries can apply for up to 20% (capped at €300,000)
- Co-produced TV drama series (minimum duration 6 x 45 minutes) with a minimum production budget of €10 million can apply for a maximum grant of €1 million - For the first season only.
This scheme is aimed at independent European production companies who wish to receive support to produce fiction, creative documentaries or animated films involving no less than three broadcasters in different member states of the European Union. The TV Programming scheme aims to help European independent production companies produce television programmes with the potential to circulate within the European Union and beyond. Please note that the definition of Broadcaster has been expanded to include VoD and SVoD providers.
Applicant companies are required to:
- Be established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and be majority owned by nationals from those countries
- Be independent – no more than 25% of the share capital can be held by a single broadcaster (50% when several broadcasters are involved)
- Have audiovisual production as their main business activity
- Own the majority of the rights to the project
Programmes must be intended primarily for television and comply with the following minimum durations:
- Drama (one-off or series) - minimum 90 minutes (For drama series only, sequels or second and third seasons are eligible).
- Animation (one-off or series) - minimum 24 minutes
- Creative documentaries (one-off or series) - minimum 50 minutes
The programme must be majority produced by companies established in countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and with a significant number of cast and crew who are nationals and/or residents of those countries.
At the time of submission, 50% of the estimated total financing of the production budget must be guaranteed from third party sources of finance (either through direct financing or by advance rights sales).
- 50% of the total financing must come from European sources.
- At least three broadcasting companies from three countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme must be committed.
- The exploitation rights licensed to the broadcaster have to revert to the producer after a maximum period of 7 years for a pre-sale or 10 years for a co-production.
- Applications must be submitted at the latest on the first day of principal photography.
How to Apply
Click here for detailed Guidelines and other documents relating to the TV Programming Support Scheme.
Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form.