Access To Markets
The Access to Markets Scheme is aimed at supporting actions and activities taking place in and outside countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme. This scheme aims:
- to increase the capacity of audiovisual operators to develop European audiovisual works with a potential to circulate in Europe and beyond and to facilitate European and international co- productions including those with television broadcasters
- to encourage business to business exchanges by facilitating access to markets and innovative business tools enabling audiovisual operators to increase the visibility of their projects on European and international markets.
Deadline: 2nd February 2017
The MEDIA Sub-programme of Creative Europe will support activities aimed at:
- facilitating European and international co-productions including short films, video games, television series and cross media;
- facilitating access to professional audiovisual trade events and markets and the use of online business tools inside and outside Europe;
- facilitating circulation of European works, including shorts, in Europe and worldwide on all platforms in all formats.
Creative Europe MEDIA provides an umbrella stand for European professionals at major audiovisual markets such as MIP TV, MIPCOM, the Cannes Film Festival and the Berlinale. Visit Media-Stands.eu for information on MEDIA stands at upcoming markets.
Creative Europe MEDIA directly supports special interest and thematic markets such as the Documentary Forum, the CARTOON Forum and smaller niche markets such as the Galway Film Fair and Documentary seminars co-ordinated by the European Documentary Network. Creative Europe MEDIA also supports database and online tools such as Cineuropa.
The total budget available for 2017 is estimated at €7.5 million.
For activities taking place in countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme applicants can request up to 60% of their eligible costs. For activities taking place in all other countries applicants can request up to 80% of their eligible costs.
European Organisations can apply for funding to operate Market Access events. Only those applications corresponding to at least one of the 3 Actions below will be considered as eligible:
- Action 1 - Business to Business - physical markets for European professionals
- Action 2 - Online tools encouraging Business to Business exchanges
- Action 3 - Business to Business promotional activities of European works.
In Ireland, the Galway Film Fair has been a longstanding recipient of this support.