The next European Film Forum will take place during the 74th Venice International Film Festival. Creative Europe will host events on Sunday 3rd and Monday 4th September. The first event will explore virtual reality and its impact on the industry. In the second event, the newly appointed Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, Mariya Gabriel, will share her perspective on the current and future MEDIA programme on Monday 4 September, from 10:00am to 11:45am. Both events are open to festival delegates.
Virtual gets real: exploring the effects of Virtual Reality
- 'Virtual Gets Real: Exploring the Industrial and Societal Effects of Virtual Reality'
- Sunday 3rd September
- 15:00 to 18:00 in the Excelsior Hotel, Venice Lido, Sala degli Stucchi.
Shaping the MEDIA Programme of the future
- 'Shaping together the MEDIA Programme of the Future'
- Monday 4th September
- 10:00 to 11:45am in the Excelsior Hotel, Venice Lido, Sala degli Stucchi.
The Venice Gap Financing Market
Supported by Creative Europe MEDIA's Access to Markets Scheme, the Venice Gap Financing Market is part of the Venice Production Bridge, dedicated to works in development and producers looking for co-production opportunties.
The 3-day Venice Gap-Financing Market event will present 47 projects from around the world in the final stages of development and funding, divided as follows:
- 25 feature-length fiction film and documentary projects
- 15 Virtual Reality & Interactive, Web and TV Series projects
Biennale College Cinema Virtual Reality (31 August – 5 September 2017)
Funded through Creative Europe’s Training Providers Scheme, this year sees the first edition of the Biennial College Cinema - Virtual Reality. Nine producer and director teams will work on the development of Virtual Reality projects lasting between 10 and 20 minutes. The course offers the teams support in every aspect of the creative process, as well as audience building, identifying target markets and finding funding.