The Galway Film Fair, at the Galway Film Fleadh, has been a long-standing recipient of this Creative Europe MEDIA Access to Markets funding. The Marketplace at the Galway Film Fair takes place on Friday 14 and Saturday 15 July 2017, in the Radisson BLU Hotel. The Fair offers a unique opportunity to meet with the world’s leading financiers in an intimate and informal atmosphere, allowing new talent to be discovered and long term partnerships to be made.
Four Irish MEDIA films will premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh this year, and includes two female directors: Emer Reynolds, The Farthest; and Olga Černovaitė, Butterfly City.
media films at the galway film fleadh 2017
This year there are four Irish and five European projects, supported by various MEDIA funding schemes, showing in the Film Fleadh programme.
IRISH FILMS AND CO-PRODUCTIONS
- The Farthest (Ireland) | Documentary | Slate Development
- Pilgrimage (Ireland) | Fiction | Single Project Devlopment
- Butterfly City (Ireland) | Documentary | Single Project Development
- Return to Montauk (France, Germany, Ireland) | Sales Agent Support
EUROPEAN FILMS AND CO-PRODUCTIONS
- Sour Grapes (US, UK & France) | Documentary | TV Broadcasting Support
- Perfect Strangers (Italy) | Fiction | Distribution Selective Support
- Richard The Stork (Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg, Norway) | Animation, Family | Distribution Automatic
- Spoor / Pokot (Holland, Poland, Germany, Czech Rep, Sweden, Slovak Rep) | Development Funding
- Ana, Mon Amour (Romania, Germany, France) | Fiction | Single Project Development