10 March 2016
CALL FOR PROPOSALS EACEA/12/2016
Implementation of the Cross-sectoral strand : Support for refugee integration
Deadline: 28 April 2016
DESCRIPTION, OBJECTIVES AND PRIORITY THEMES
One of the main objectives of the Creative Europe programme is to foster, safeguard and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity. At a time when Europe is receiving anextraordinary number of refugees, supporting
European Union Member States in tackling this situation is a key priority of the EU. In November 2015, the Education, Youth, Culture and Sports Council of Ministers have reaffirmed that intercultural dialogue through culture and
the arts plays an important role to integrate refugees. Culture and cinema can bridge gaps and improve mutual understanding between the population of the host country and the refugees.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to support cultural, audio-visual and cross-sectorial projects aiming at facilitating the integration of refugees in the European environment, enhancing mutual cultural understanding and fostering intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, tolerance and respect for other cultures. The expected output is a limited number of high quality consortia formed by bodies working in the creative and cultural sectors that will create and test initiatives designed to support the integration of refugees in the participating countries and share their results, and which are referred to as Creative Partnerships.
The specific objectives of this call are to establish transnational cultural and audiovisual projects that can:
• help refugees socialise and express themselves without necessarily speaking immediately the host country language.
• be learning platforms in a wider sense, fostering respect and understanding for diversity, intercultural and civic competencies, democratic values and citizenship.
• give EU citizens the opportunity to discover, learn from and understand the values and cultures of refugees and - in the process rediscover and enrich their own.
• support the showcasing and co-creation of cultural and/or audiovisual works across Europe.
• offer the possibility of collaboration with organisations in other sectors in order to stimulate a more comprehensive, rapid, effective and long-term response to this global challenge.
For more information go to the EACEA website.