- 17 Co-operation Projects supported with Irish partners
- 1 Irish lead partner - Waterford City & Council | 16 Irish partners
- Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company also won a #EYCH co-operation project award as one of 6 partners in The Legend of the Great Birth
- €13.8 million in overall grants to the projects and over €1 million in direct grant aid to Ireland.
Congratulations to the 17 Irish organisations selected for Creative Europe Co-operation Funding in 2018! 17 Irish organisations are partners in new Co-operations projects with Waterford City & Council taking on role as Lead Partner in their project, Murals for Communities. See below for the full list of projects and partners.
We were delighted here in Waterford Walls to receive the news of success in being granted European funding. It is a great recognition of the fantastic work we are doing in the community and strengthens our links with our local authority who worked with us on the application. We look forward to what we can bring to the community in Waterford as well as working and collaborating with our European partners. Exciting times ahead for everyone involved and special thanks to Michael Quinn and the Waterford Council for pushing our project ahead to lead this programme. Edel Tobin, Murals for Communities.
In addition, Smashing Times is a partner in the special round of Co-operation Projects related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018. Creative activities include an original theatre performance presented for 60 performances across Europe, an e-learning course, a publication, a web portal, a costume exhibition, a visual art showing and workshops, all focusing on myths of creation and highlighting a common European dimension.
Congratulations to The Ark, Dublin on their TWO awards! They will continue on as partner in Push Project's next project iteration as PUSH+ - a 3 year small co-operation project led by Imaginate UK that will build on topics and learning of PUSH. And it’s a great year for The Ark because they are also partners in a second project, The Big Bang Project, which involves 12 partner organisations and aims to enrich and broaden the quality of music performance currently on offer to children across Europe.
We are delighted to receive funding for two exciting Creative Europe projects. We look forward to working for the first time with 11 new European partners on the Big Bang Project led by Zonzo Company in Belgium and to sharing exciting new music for children with audiences and artists alike at The Ark. Following the success of the recent PUSH project which has just concluded we look forward to working on PUSH+ with our 4 wonderful partners and to expanding the opportunities for artists further over the next 3 years.
Delivery of these large European partnerships requires infrastructure and artistic capacity which in the case of The Ark has been funded by The Arts Council since our founding in 1995. That ongoing investment, over decades, in turn, allows organisations like The Ark to think ambitiously and to secure additional funding from Creative Europe. It’s a tribute to the dedication of The Ark team that we have not secured one but two projects! Aideen Howard, Director, The Ark.
An Grianán Theatre is delighted to be a partner in the Shaking the Walls project. It's a great opportunity for us to examine the political and economic context of our place in the borders of the North West in association with our international partners. 2019 marks An Grianan Theatre's 20th anniversary and we are really pleased that the Creative Europe funding will allow us to engage so many artists and creatives in making a work of scale and spectacle, in an off site location. Patricia McBride, Director, An Grianán Theatre.
NCAD was also successful in TWO Co-operation Projects - Imagining Sustainable Glass Network Europe and Our Many Europes. Well done to all the successful Irish applicants in 2018 - this is an almost 50% increase in funding success compared to 2017!
We will host a Co-operation Projects Application Workshop in the Autumn. Contact us at email@example.com to pre-register for this workshop.The next Call for European Co-operation Projects is expected to be published in the third quarter of 2018 with a deadline before the end of the year. If you are working on an application either as a lead coordinator or as a partner, please do contact us for information and advice. You are welcome to come in and have a meeting with us!
FULL LIST OF CO-OPERATION PROJECTS WITH IRISH PARTNERS | 2018 RESULTS
- Murals for Communities | Waterford City and Country Council LEAD PARTNER | Kauno Technologijos Universitetas (LT); Stichting Street Art (NL).
- Read Me I am Yours | Galway Arts Centre (IE); Fraktura Drustvo Ogranicenom (HR).
- Cultural Adaptations | Axis Ballymun, Dublin. Greentrack Gent (BE); Tillt AB (SE).
- PUSH+ | The Ark; Aben Dans Productions (DK); Cultuurcentrum Hasselt (BE); Norsk Scenekunstbruk (NO).
- POWER – Performances Of Wide Enrichment to Raise awareness on different abilities and promote integration | KCAT (IE), Kilkenny; Studio Citadela (CZ); AMA Theatre for People with Disabilities (GR).
- Imagining Sustainable Glass Network Europe | NCAD, Dublin; Berlin Glas (DE); NCAD (IE); Stikla maja (LV).
- Memory of Water | Ormston House, Limerick; Fablevision (UK); Municipality of Levadia (GR); Nadbaltyckie Centrum Kultury (PL); Stad Oostende (BE).
- Shaking the Walls | An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny; Kulturni centrum Cooltour Ostrava (CZ); Parrabbola (UK); RaTaTam (IS).
- Make a Move | Galway Theatre Festival (IE); Institute of the Arts Barcelona (ES); Universitatea de Arte Din Targu Mures (RO).
- Jazz Connective | Improvised Music Company, Dublin; Druga Godba (SI); Fundacja Wytwornia (PL); Improvised Music Company (IE); New Vortex Jazz Club (UK); Performances Birmingham (UK); Vapaat aanet - Charles Gill (FI).
- A Woman's Work | Gallery of Photography, Dublin; Association PACE (FR)); LFS Kauna skyrius (LT)
- MAPPING - A Map on the aesthetics of performing arts for early years | Baboro Galway International Children's Festival, Galway; Artika Astiki Etaireia Politistiki Mi Kerdoskopiki (GR); Baboro Galway International Children's Festival (Ie); Commune De Limoges (Fr); Fiere Internazionali Di Bologna Spa (It); Helios 6 Live Art Produktion Ev (De); Kolibri Gyermek-Es Ifjusagi Szinhaz Kiemelkedoen Kozhasznu Nonprofit Kft (HU); Kuukulkurit Ry (Fi); Lutkovno Gledalisce Ljubljana (Si); Polka Childrens Theatre Limited (UK); Stichting De Stilte (NL); Teater Tre Stockholm Ekonomisk Förening (SE); Teaterwaerkstedet Madam Bach (DK); Teatr Animacji W Poznaniu (PL); Teatro Paraíso Sal (ES); Teatrul Ion Creanga (Ro); Theatre De La Guimbarde (Be); Toihaus Theater (AT).
- European Digital Treasures: Management of centennial archives in the 21st century | Cork Institute of Technology; Direção-Geral do Livro, dos Arquivos e das Bibliotecas (PT); Factoria Cultural Asociación de Apoyo al Emprendimiento y a las ICCs (ES); International Centre For Archival Research (ICARUS) (AT); Kulturdepartementet - Ministry of Culture (NO); National Archives Of Hungary (Hu); National Archives Of Malta (MT).
- Our Many Europes| NCAD, Dublin; Consorci Del Museu D Art Contemporani De Barcelona (ES); Goeteborgs Universitet (SE); Moderna Galerija (SI); Museum Van Hedendaagse Kunst Antwerpen (BE); Muzeum Sztuki Nowoczesnej W Warszawie (Pl); National College Of Art And Design (IE); Stedelijk Van Abbemuseum (NL)
- Be SpectACTive! | Dublin Theatre Festival; Artemrede-Teatros Associados (PT); Asociácia Divadelná Nitra (SK); Bakelit Multi Art Center Alapitvany (Hu); Buda Kunstencentrum (BE); Café de las Artes Teatro S.L. (ES); Centre National De La Recherche Scientifique Cnrs (Fr); Domino Udruge (HR); Fondazione Fitzcarraldo (It);Koproduktionshaus Wien Gmbh (At);Ptl - Plesni Teater Ljubljana (Si); Réseau En Scène Languedoc-Roussillon (FR); Stora Teatern (SE); Tanec Praha Spolek (Cz); Teatrul National Radu Stanca Sibiu (Ro); Universitat De Barcelona (Es); Universite De Montpellier (Fr); Ustanova Studentski Kulturni Centar (Rs).
- European ARTificial Intelligence Lab | Trinity College; Ariona Hellas Ae (Gr); Associacion Hexagone Arts Et Sciences (Fr); Centar Za Promociju Nauke (Rs); Culture Yard (Dk); Fundacion La Laboral Centro De Arte Y Creacion Industrial (Es); Fundacion Zaragoza Ciudad De Conocimiento (Es); Gluon (Be); Lieu Unique Scene Nationale De Nantes Association Crdc (Fr); Sou Festival (Ge); Stichting Waag Society (Nl); Trinity College Dublin (Ie); Zavod Za Kulturo, Umetnost In Izobrazevanje Kersnikova (Si).
- The BIG BANG PROJECT | The Ark, Dublin; ARIONA HELLAS AE (GR); De Twentse Schouwburg NV (NL); EPCC Opéra De Rouen Normandie (FR); Espoon Kaupunki (Fi); Fundacao Centro Cultural De Belem (PT); Instituto De La Cultura Y De Las Artes De Sevilla (ES); Motormusic Bvba (BE); Opera De Lille (Fr); Palais Des Beaux Arts (Be); Sa Eesti Kontsert (EE).
You can have a look at the Full European Co-operation Results here. Get in touch with us if you would like to know more about Co-operation Projects and make sure to attend our Autumn Workshop on how to apply for this funding. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with queries or to pre-register for this workshop.