- Briefing on i-Portunus Mobility Call for Literary Translators
- 11:00am, Thursday, 14th January
- REGISTER HERE
On Thursday 14th January, we will host a briefing webinar for the new call for Literary Translations from i-Portunus which is a Creative Europe mobility initiative.
This call is open to literary translators legally residing in a Creative Europe country, for individuals or groups up to 5 people, for international collaborations, production residencies or professional development.
This briefing will look at who is eligible, activities that can be funded and we will also take you through the guidelines and the application process. Find out more about the i-Portunus Call for Literary Translators here. The deadline for this call is 28th February, 2021.
Sign up here for our briefing seminar on 14th January. We will host further briefings on i-Portunus mobility calls in the coming weeks for Music, Architecture, and Cultural Heritage.
i-Portunus Mobility Call for Literary Translators
Who is this Call For?
This call for applications is open to literary translators, aged 18+, active in the field of literature, of all educational qualifications and levels of experience, legally residing in a Creative Europe country, (individuals or groups up to 5 people).
- International collaboration: for example, with an author in the framework of a literary translation.
- Production oriented residencies: for example, the result of your mobility is the immersion in a specific 'source language context', in the framework of a literary translation.
- Professional development: for example, you will take part in network meetings, showcases, workshops, master classes and other types of training outside of formal education.
What does it support?
- i-Portunus provides financial support to partially fund the cost of travel (transport, accommodation etc.) to another (or several) Creative Europe country(/ies).
- The duration of the mobility must be between 7 and 60 days and must take place before 30 November 2021.
- The travel can be continuous or segmented: a continuous mobility means that you have one round-trip travel or one multi-destination trip.
- A segmented mobility means that you will travel several times to one or several destinations. Each trip must last a minimum of five days, and the total number of days still has to be between 7 and 60 days.
If, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, you are unable to travel to the planned destination, i-Portunus will allow you to:
- Postpone the mobility: grantees have the possibility to travel until November 2021.
- Change of destination: the artist/creator/cultural professional can change his/her destination.
- Blended mobility: virtual international collaboration with the destination country, or other forms such as remote residency, virtual mobility.
Dates to Note:
- Call Deadline: 28th February, 2021
- Notification of Results: 2nd April 2021
- Earliest date of departure: 1st June, 2021
- Latest date of Return: 30th November, 2021