The European Heritage Days (EHD) are the most widely celebrated cultural events shared by the citizens of Europe. Over 5,000 events are organised every year in 50 European States. European Heritage Days are a joint action of the Council of Europe and the European Commission.
The Call for European Heritage Stories will identify the European dimension of heritage sites and heritage work undertaken by communities in Europe. Stories that communities would like to share and develop into a project to further contribute to their communities.
The Call for European Stories was launched as part of European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and will build on its succees by supporting the European Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage to secure the long term impact of the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
Story themes & objectives
This Call is looking for creative stories that highlight the common values, diversity and European dimension of heritage sites. Ten of the most inspiring stories will be given a grant of €10,000 to develop their project, restore and promote their heritage site. The EHD initiative is encouraging project proposals and stories by:
- EHD communities from the 50 participating European countries;
- EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Award Winners;
- European Heritage Label sites
DEADLINE 18 APRIL
International Day for Monuments and Sites, 18 April, symbolically marks the deadline for submissions. All heritage stories submitted up to this date, that meet the criteria proposed, will be published and promoted as the European Heritage Stories (see previous examples).
- Up to 25 of the most compelling stories will be pre-selected to be considered for the grant.
- Announcement of the final selection of ten grantees for 2019 will follow in August, 2019.
- Each community can submit up to three Stories per Call.
- To be eligible to apply for the competitive award procedure for a grant of up to €10,000, a maximum of ONE project proposal per community can also be submitted along with one of the Stories.
- The Application Form will be open until 18 April 2019.
Visit the European Heritage Stories page to find out more information along with the application form.