Centre Stage is a European collaborative project to improve conditions for artistically active women in the performing arts. The project has three elements: Centre Stage Core; Centre Stage Online; and Centre Stage Programming for Diversity.
Centre Stage is co-financed by Creative Europe and is a collaboration between Kulturivast, Sweden; Theatre Forum, Ireland; and La Escuela Pública de Formación Cultural de Andalucía, Spain.
This is an ambitious three year project that aims to:
- Support professional women artists across Europe to further develop their careers
- Raise awareness within the performing arts sector of the gender-based patterns that govern our decisions
- Prompt change by initiating practical action around bias and gender equality in cultural programming
- Develop the international links of women artists.
The project starts in September 2019 with the Centre Stage Core training programme which in Ireland will accept eight Irish professional women artists, choreographers, directors, designers and musicians working in theatre, dance, and music.
A course for professionally active performing artists who want to develop their communication and artistic leadership. Center Stage Core is a unique opportunity since only 24 participants are accepted: eight each from Sweden, Ireland and Spain.
Participants will receive guidance in communication, self-awareness and leadership - all from a gender perspective. The aim of the course is to provide the participants with tools to develop a professional, successful artistic work and to extend the contact network to both colleagues and organizers.
The core of the project is extended artist meetings in Spain, Ireland and Sweden in 2020 with workshops, symposia, coaching sessions and networking events. During these meetings, the group finds out how to positively impact on their own career and influence others as well as preparing for attendance at European showcase and networking events in 2021. The key training dates are:
- 13-17 January 2020, Malaga, Spain. Workshop 1: Developing my professional goals
- 18-22 May 2020, Galway, Ireland. Workshop 2: Self-awareness for artistic leadership
- 23-27 November 2020, Kungälv, Sweden. Workshop 3: Meeting the world