- Craft Hub International Opening Conference
- Wednesday, 21st April, 2021
- Register Here
Join the Opening Conference of Craft Hub on 21st April! Craft Hub is a European project co-funded by Creative Europe that is focused on craft in the context of cultural heritage. The Irish partner in the project is Carlow County Council.
This opening conference will focus on 3 pillars of sharing best practice and practical advice in the form of creativity, heritage and connectivity and inform participants how they can actively engage and benefit from the Craft Hub Project.
Craft Hub project activities involve investigating and documenting craft skills and processes; their differing application in creative practice across Europe; and questions of cultural specificity and individual motivations of practitioners. This will be addressed through a comprehensive and exciting program to allow the creation of new craft work and experimental investigations into process and material supported by 42 transnational maker residencies, 305 days of outreach work, 1 festival, 7 exhibitions and 2 conferences.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE 21 April 2021
- 12:00 Welcome by MC Noel Davidson & Lorraine Bohan, Entrepreneurs Academy, Dublin, Ireland.
- 12.05 Welcome to Craft Hub by Kieran Comerford, Head of Economic Development & Enterprise, Carlow County Council, Lead Partner.
- 12.10 Opening Address by Walter Zampieri DG Education and Culture, Head of Unit: Cultural diversity and innovation, European Commission.
- 12.20 Formal Welcome (TBC).
- 12.25 Inspiring Creativity Panel.
The Inspiring Creativity Panel will discuss the creativity process and each panellist will share a presentation on what inspires them in their creative process and what advice they would give to people in the creative process. Presentations from each of the panellists will be followed by a facilitated discussion and questions and answers from the participants. You can register here.