Big Pulse Dance Alliance (2021-2024) is a partnership of 12 European dance festivals and institutions united by their passion to promote, strengthen and broaden the reach of the contemporary dance sector. With the support of Creative Europe co-funding, Big Pulse aims to diversify dance programming on stages and in public outdoor spaces; support artist development through mentorship, travel and workshop programmes; and invite new audiences to engage with the artform through dynamic live or digital performances and other participatory activities.
Their long-term vision is to establish a lively network of European dance festivals who work collaboratively and sustainably to further the life-changing impact of dance. The Big Pulse Dance Alliance partners are:
- Dublin Dance Festival (Ireland)
- Tanz im August/HAU Hebbel am Ufer (Germany)
- Dance Umbrella (UK)
- Julidans (Netherlands)
- New Baltic Dance (Lithuania)
- ONE Dance Week (Bulgaria)
- Torinodanza Festival (Italy)
- Zodiak - Side Step Festival (Finland)
- Sismògraf Dance Festival (Catalonia - Spain)
- International Dance Festival TANEC PRAHA (Czech Republic)
- CODA Oslo International Dance Festival (Norway)
- Danscentrum Sverige (Sweden)
Big Pulse Open Air Programme
This series of Open Air co-productions aims to bring artists and audiences together through presenting bold, captivating choreography that celebrates our creative imaginations and the power of the body in motion.
Big Pulse has announced three projects which will be co-produced by partners within the Big Pulse network:
- ALIEN by Taneli Törmä / LOCATION X (Finland, Denmark)
- Bosque / Woods by Clarice Lima, Catarina Saraiva, Aline Bonamin and Nina Fajdiga (Brazil, Portugal, Slovenia)
- City Horses by Byström Källblad (Sweden)
All three projects will culminate in free outdoor performances at partner festivals within the Big Pulse Dance Alliance. In addition to the co-production support, all artists selected as part of the Big Pulse Open Air programme will also benefit from mentoring and networking opportunities.
Further information and details of these performances will follow in the coming months. A further open call for Big Pulse Open Air Commissions will take place in 2022/2023.