The new 2021-2027 Erasmus+ programme has been launched with an estimated budget of €26.2 billion, nearly double its predecessor programme. Erasmus+ supports education, training, youth, and sport in Europe. It provides funding for organisations to operate projects that encourage European exchange, co-operation and learning. The new programme places a strong focus on social inclusion, green and digital transitions, and promoting young people’s participation in democratic life.
Erasmus+ supports activities set out in the European Education Area, Digital Education Action Plan and the European Skills Agenda which you can find here. In Ireland, Léargas, is the national authority for Erasmus+ and you can contact them if you have queries about the programme.
Erasmus+ offers mobility and cooperation opportunities in:
- Higher education
- Vocational education and training
- School education (including early childhood education and care)
- Adult education
Detailed information on these opportunities, including eligibility criteria, is available in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
Call for Proposals
You can read and download the Erasmus+ Call for Proposals here. The call for proposals covers the following actions of the Erasmus+ Programme:
Key Action 1 (KA1) – Learning mobility of individuals:
- Mobility of individuals in the fields of education, training, and youth.
- Youth participation Activities.
Key Action 2 (KA2) - Cooperation among organisations and institutions
- Partnerships for Cooperation: Cooperation Partnerships; Small-scale Partnerships.
- Partnerships for Excellence: Centres for Vocational Excellence; Erasmus+ Teacher Academies; Erasmus Mundus Action.
- Partnerships for Innovation: Alliances for innovation; Not-for-profit Sport Events
Key Action 3 (KA3) - Support to policy development and cooperation
- European youth together.
- Jean Monnet actions in the field of higher education, and in other fields of education and training.
WEBINARS ON ERASMUS+ FUNDING
In Ireland, Léargas is the national authority for the Erasmus+ and they can help you if you have queries about the Erasmus+ programme - you can find contact details here. They will host a series of webinars on the new Erasmus+ programme starting on 14th April with Erasmus+ Youth and ESC Project Lab Series.