The overall objective of the Call for Cultural Co-operation Projects in the Balkans is to foster reconciliation and good neighbourly relations in the Western Balkans through cultural cooperation and creation. The specific objectives of this Call are to:
- Increase cultural cross-border cooperation within the Western Balkans region and the EU Member States;
- Strengthen the competitiveness of the cultural and creative industries in the region.
The supported projects therefore should benefit primarily the Western Balkans region. In order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives, this Call focuses on the following priorities:
- A. Increase the capacity of cultural and creative industries to operate transnationally and internationally
- B. Increase transnational circulation of cultural and creative works and transnational mobility of cultural and creative players
- C. Enhance inter-cultural dialogue between artists, cultural operators as well as the general public More details on this Call’s priorities are provided here.
Project leader and partners must be established in the:
- EU Member States;
- Western Balkan IPA II Beneficiaries: Republic of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo , Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia and Republic of Serbia.
The partnership must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- At least 2 organisations (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different Western Balkan IPA II beneficiaries;
- At least 2 organisations of the partnership (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different EU Member States Applicants are encouraged to propose a consortium with a majority of partners from the Western Balkans, and to include organisations that have had limited participation in the Creative Europe programme.
Full details on this Call and how to apply are availabe on the EACEA website here. The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 5,000,000. Creative Europe expects to fund around 20 proposals. Deadline for applications is 17th March 2020, 5pm CET.
Looking for project partners in the Balkan region? The Creative Europe Culture Desk in Serbia has compiled a very useful database of Balkan cultural organisations who are interested in this call.
We will host a Briefing Session on this call in February in Dublin - details will be available early next week.