If you missed our first October Series webinar, 'In Conversation with Kath Gorman from Cork Midsummer Festival and visual artist, Marie Brett,' you can catch up by watching the webinar below or on our Youtube channel.
Both Kath and Marie are in BE PART, a Creative Europe co-funded project. BE PART runs from 2019 to 2023) and is an audience and organisational development project in the field of participatory art practices implemented by ten European and non-European partners.
Some highlights of the BE PART project include:
- Artists to travel across cities being involved in residencies and workshops programmes to develop public programmes.
- Community representatives take part in 4 Assemblies and Public Programmes (selected by each partner during fieldwork activities).
- A Critical Network of cross-Europe mobile panel of artists (e.g. Lotte Van Den Berg) and researchers.
- The Critical Network to have an analytical overview of the whole project, interacting with some of the fieldworks.
- The Critical Network to co-design the 4 Assemblies and final Symposium in 2023.
View work by artist Marie Brett related to this project:
- Day of the Straws – a ‘cyber vault’ of knowledge, cultural lore, and wisdom based on the 1830s cholera epidemic in Ireland.
- Growhouse is a residency/fieldwork and large-scale public platform with Marie Brett and other co-creators that will examine modern day slavery in cannabis growhouses.
- Growhouse was due to be presented in June, with the support of an Arts Council project award. In light of Covid 19, Growhouse had to go on pause and hopes to re-start in Autumn 2020.
Keep an eye on our newsletter alerts and website for news of an upcoming BE PART call in late 2020 or early 2021 for an Artist Residency!