BIG BANG is a festival of music performances and sound art for young audiences. 12 cultural organisations in Europe (and also the NAC/CNA in Canada) transform their venues and neighbourhoods into a musical labyrinth with each partner presenting a unique BIG BANG FESTIVAL every year.
Zonzo Companie, Belgium
- The Ark, Dublin (Ireland)
- Ariona Hellas AE (Greece)
- Fundacao Centro Cultural de Belem (Portugal)
- De Twentse Schouwburg NV (Netherlands)
- Opera De Lille (France)
- Instituto de la Cultura de las Artes de Sevilla (Spain)
- Sihtasutus Eesti Kontsert (Estonia)
- Palais des Beaux Arts, Brussels (Belgium)
- Opera de Rouen Haute Normandie (France)
- Reykjavikurborg (Iceland)
- AAP Media VOF (Belgium)
- Ottawa - National Arts Centre/Centre National des Arts (Canada)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects
BIG BANG (2018 - 2022) is a festival of music performances and sound art for young audiences. Twelve cultural organisations in Europe (and also the NAC/CNA in Canada) transform their venues and neighbourhoods into a musical labyrinth with each partner presenting a unique BIG BANG FESTIVAL every year.
Young audiences have the chance to enjoy a colourful programme of sound installations and music performances in a variety of styles by outstanding local and international musicians. BIG BANG is not just a music festival for young audiences but also involves them as participants through the NOMAD PROJECT and FESTIVAL AMBASSADOR strands. Some BIG BANG partner organisations also produce new music shows for young audiences.
Testimonial from Irish Partner
'The Ark has been enabled, with the support of Creative Europe, to produce Ireland’s first ever international music festival for young audiences. Our hope is to increase demand from young audiences for vibrant, adventurous music performance programming of the highest quality. Our BIG BANG FESTIVAL is also an incubator for Irish artists and new work. The Ark will create two new music shows for children over the lifetime of the project which we also aim to tour.’