The EPIC project provides emerging musicians with invaluable skills and professional experience that complement their formal training, and can help them boost their career at an international level.
European Choral Association (Germany)
- Sing Ireland
- Javni Sklad Rs Za Kulturne Dejavnosti (Slovenia)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects
Emerging Professionals: Internationlisation of Music Careers (EPIC) project (2019 - 2021) provides emerging musicians with invaluable skills and professional experience that complement their formal training, and can help them boost their career at the international level.
The vision of the EPIC project is to:
- Prove the value and impact of auditioned youth music ensembles for the professionalisation and internationalisation of careers
- Improve the training of emerging professional
- Foster the creation of new ensembles across Europe.
EPIC will test and validate new approaches that could be eventually disseminated and implemented at a larger scale, to benefit the mobility of artists in Europe over a generation. This project is supported by an action plan along five main strands:
- Data collection to map the career path of former members of auditioned youth ensembles (orchestras and choirs)
- Use of the EuroChoir and the World Youth Choir as labs for providing new skills through capacity building, active networking with stakeholders and with peers
- Networking of existing and potential National Youth Choirs’ organisers, to exchange best practices and cooperation opportunities. We’ll set up specific ateliers gathering the singers themselves in an international context
- Online capacity building sessions for emerging artists
- Dissemination of the results along events gathering relevant stakeholders.