FUSION will offer designers and makers training in digital fabrication skills and co-designing, methodologies to help them develop bespoke products, across fashion, textiles and wearables for active ageing citizens.
Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Fondazione Santagata Per L Economia Della Culura, Italy
- Instituto Politecnico Do Cavado E Do Ave, Portugal.
- Crafts Council, UK.
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects
FUSION (Fashion Up-Skilling Innovation Open Network) is aimed at designers and creative makers who are training in digital fabrication and co-designing. FUSION will offer them methodologies to help them develop bespoke products, across fashion, textiles and wearables for active ageing citizens.
Through a series of masterclasses, a short residency programme, networking events, a seminar, exhibition, thematic research mapping and the development of a business toolkit, the project aims to:
- Increase access to digital fabrication technologies for fashion and textile designers and makers.
- Enrich professional capacities in digital fabrication and co-designing with active ageing citizens.
- Open new business opportunities for the design and craft sector.
- Develop new business models for creative enterprises interested in cross-sector innovation within fashion and textiles.