Magic Carpets is a platform uniting fifteen European cultural organisations that create opportunities for emerging artists to travel, make work with local communities, and engage in cultural activism.
Kaunas Biennial, Lithuania
- EVA International, Limerick (Ireland)
- Open Space Innsbruck (Austria)
- LAB 852.d.o.o (Croatia)
- Prague Biennale (Czech Republic)
- Trempolino (France)
- Tblisi Photo Festival (Georgia)
- Centre for Contemporary Art – Tblisi (Georgia)
- KUNSTrePUBLIC – ZK/U (Germany)
- Latitudo SRL (Itlay)
- New Theatre Institute of Latvia (Latvia)
- Ideias Emergentes (Portugal)
- META Cultural Foundation (Romania)
- Nora Kulturno Naselje (Serbia)
- Folkstone Fringe (UK)
- Jam Factory Art Centre (Ukraine)
Magic Carpets (2018 - 2021) is a platform uniting fifteen European cultural organisations that create opportunities for emerging artists to embark on journeys to unknown lands and to create, together with local artists and local communities, new works that highlight local specificities and compensate for the shortage of story-telling existing in modern society by enhancing cultural accessibility, cultural activism and participation.
Testimonial from Irish Partner
‘The Magic Carpets programme fostered collaboration with a diverse range of cultural partners from across Europe, creating opportunities for artists to develop their artistic practice in new contexts and encouraging greater curatorial visibility for their work. Alongside the artistic benefits of the programme, the network has also helped us develop our capacities as an organisation, especially in terms of how we produce artists’ work locally and connect with our local communities in new ways.’ Matt Packer, Director & CEO, EVA.