OperaVision is opera for the connected world and brings together 29 partners from 17 countries and invites you to travel and discover the diversity of opera from wherever you want, whenever you want. Watch live streams as operas unfold in European opera houses. View your favourite performances, subtitled, on demand. Learn about the art form and specific productions by browsing our richly populated digital library, stories, and articles. Discover resources for young audiences and for artistic career development. In English, French, and German, thoughtfully curated, free to browse and explore.
Opera Vision (Belgium)
- Wexford Opera, Ireland
- Stiftung Oper In Berlin, Germany
- Fondazione Teatro Regio di Torino, Italy
- Latvijas Nacionala Opera un Balets, Latvia
- Stichting Nationale Opera & Ballet, Netherlands
- Den Norske Opera & Ballett AS, Norway
- Teatr Wielki Opera Narodowa, Poland
- Fundacion del Teatro Real, Spain
- Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation, UK
- Narodni Divadlo Brno, Prispevkova Organizace, Czech Republic
- Kunsthuis Opera Vlaanderen Ballet Vlaanderen, Belgium
- Welsh National Opera Ltd, UK
- Palau de les Arts, Fundacio de la Comunitat Valenciana, Spain
- Fondazione Teatro la Fenice di Vinezia, Italy
- Teatr Wielki im. Stanislawa Moniuszki w Poznaniu, Poland
- Narodni Divadlo, Czech Republic
- Ethniki Lyriki Skini, Greece
- Kungliga Operan Aktiebolag, Sweden
- Opera North Ltd, UK
- Theatre National de l'Opera Comique, France
- Fondazione Teatro di San Carlo in Napoli, Italy
- Magyar Allami Operahaz, Hungary
- Fondazione Teatro Dell'Opera di Roma Capitale, Italy
- Hrvarstsko Narodno Kazaliste u Zagrebu, Croatia
- Opera de Lille, France
OperaVision (2017 - 2021) offers a free-view, online, diverse curated season of European opera in partnership with 30 opera houses from 19 countries. Opera Vision will have a specific emphasis on attracting and cultivating young, emerging audiences, celebrating Europe’s cultural heritage and developing opera for the future.
View performances, subtitled, on demand. Learn about the art form and specific productions by browsing our richly populated digital library, stories, and articles. Discover resources for young audiences and for artistic career development. In English, French, and German, thoughtfully curated, free to browse and explore.
Opera Vision will build on the successes of The Opera Platform (TOP). Opera Europa developed its first phase in partnership with the broadcaster ARTE and 15 contributing theatres selected from 12 European countries.
Opera Vision aims are to:
- Gather a wide inclusive partnership of European opera theatres
- Offer full-length and short-form content which is varied and accessible
- Engage young audiences in partnership with educational and training organisations
- Celebrate the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage
- Develop the medium by innovative use of cutting-edge technology
- Broaden the platform’s reach through cross-sector collaboration
- Build towards a sustainable model for the future beyond 2020.
Testimonial from Irish Partner
'For aficionados, OperaVision is an opportunity to delve into productions from across Europe and beyond, read up on those performances and broaden their knowledge and understanding of opera. The Opera Academy section gives access to a wealth of resources, from short films on the rehearsal process to interviews with renowned opera personalities.'