European Cooperation Projects
4:00pm Irish time
European Cooperation Projects are transnational projects involving cultural and creative organisations from different countries taking part in the Creative Europe programme. They give cultural organisations of all sizes the possibility to co-produce, cooperate, experiment, innovate, be mobile and learn from each other.
Deadline extension: due to the exceptional circumstances of the terrible natural disaster in some regions of Turkey and Syria, the deadline for 2023 Cooperation projects has been extended to 4pm Irish time on 9th March 2023.
- Publish Date
- We're here to help
- Projects can be small, medium or large scale. Small-scale projects are suitable to promote the access of grassroots organisations and support them in the creation of new partnerships and activities such as festivals, art fairs, exhibitions, and performances.
- Projects should aim to improve access to European culture and creative works and to promote innovation and creativity. They can cover one or more cultural and creative sectors and can be interdisciplinary.
- Support will be given to cooperation projects contributing to one of the following objectives:
- Transnational creation and circulation: to strengthen the transnational creation and circulation of European works and artists.
- Innovation: to enhance the capacity of European cultural and creative sectors to nurture talents, to innovate, to prosper and to generate jobs and growth.
- Further to these priorities, annual sector-specific priorities have been defined to reinforce the programme’s sectoral approach. See the full 2023 Cooperation Projects Call document for details.
There are three separate funding strands supporting different scales of projects.
Category 1- Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects
Projects must include a minimum of 3 partners from 3 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €200,000 or 80% of total budget.
Category 2 - Medium Scale Cooperation Projects
Projects must include a minimum of 5 partners from 5 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €1 million or 70% of total budget.
Category 3 - Larger Scale Cooperation Projects
Projects must include a minimum of 10 partners from 10 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €2 million or 60% of total budget.
- This funding is open to organisations legally based in one of the countries participating in the Creative Europe Programme. Details of countries participating in the Culture strand can be found in our FAQ section.
- The coordinator must have had a legal existence for at least 2 years on the date of the deadline for submission.
- Proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least 3, 5 or 10 applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities), which complies with the following conditions:
- Small Scale: minimum 3 entities from 3 different eligible countries.
- Medium Scale: minimum 5 entities from 5 different eligible countries.
- Large-scale: minimum 10 entities from 10 different eligible countries.
- Read the full call document to check eligibility and requirements.
- Applications for all Creative Europe calls will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- Detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- Further information on how to apply.