European VOD Networks & Operators
Deadline time is 4:00pm Irish time.
- Strengthen the cross-border collaboration between VOD platforms through collaborative activities to increase the online audience of European audiovisual content.
- Strengthen attractiveness of eligible European VOD platforms for cross-border audiences and online consumption at a larger scale.
- Improve the digital circulation and consumption of European content by boosting its visibility, discoverability and prominence.
- Develop new business models and achieve cross-border economies of scope and scale.
- Joint/collaborative actions across borders with the aim to improve the competitiveness and attractiveness of European VOD platforms offering a significant proportion of non-national European audiovisual works as well as to increase the accessibility, visibility, discoverability, and prominence of European content for a wider global audience (European and international).
- The activities should present innovative, coherent, and focused strategies in order to promote the offer of European content and increase the global audience of the European VOD platforms.
- Clear requirements in terms of indicators, quantification and sharing of results should be part of the activities. Transparency will play a key role in the action. Therefore, applications must contain detailed plans for the full publication of the inputs and results of the action. Particular attention should be given to communicating this
information to public authorities, Member States and the audiovisual industry.
- Projects can include the following activities:
- Common projects as a network of European VOD platforms in order to improve the quality, attractiveness and competitiveness of the whole European VOD industry including technological development, editorial line, market intelligence, facilitation of the copyright licencing process underlying pan-European exploitation.
- Promoting and developing an attractive cross-border offer of European content. Improving the visibility, discoverability and prominence of European content including multilingual subyitling activities. Developing innovative digital promotion, marketing and branding strategies.
- Within these activities particular attention will be paid to the implementation of mechanisms to better understand consumer behaviours at European level and develop new audiences outreach as well as cooperation on data and data analytics.
- Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness. Applications should present activities to be implemented over 2 years.
- Proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least two VOD services as applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities) coming from at least two countries participating in the MEDIA strand or by a VOD platform offering its services in at least two countries within MEDIA Strand countries.
- the action is open to European VOD services. A VOD platform is an on-demand audiovisual media service provided for the viewing of programmes at the moment chosen by the user and at its individual request, on the basis of a
catalogue of programmes selected by the media service provider with a clear brand identity and on which the applicant(s) have the editorial responsibility.
- A VOD platform offered by broadcasters or internet service providers is eligible.
- European dimension: The applicant VOD platforms must present a minimum European Dimension in their catalogue.
- The applicant must present a catalogue or an aggregated catalogue (in case of several VOD services involved in the consortium) constituted by:
- at least a total of 500 available audiovisual works
- at least 30% of audiovisual works from countries participating in the MEDIA strand
- include audiovisual works from at least five countries participating in the MEDIA strand representing at least five different official languages of these participating countries.
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): No limit.
- The costs will be reimbursed at the funding rate fixed in the Grant Agreement (60%).
- Grants may NOT produce a profit (i.e. surplus of revenues + EU grant over costs). For-profit organisations must declare their revenues and, if there is a profit, we will deduct it from the final grant amount (see art 22.3).
- Moreover, please be aware that the final grant amount may be reduced in case of non-compliance with the Grant Agreement (e.g. improper implementation, breach of obligations, etc).
- Check eligibility and requirements in European VOD Networks & Operators Call Document 2024.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- You can see further information on how to apply.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Creative Europe Desk Ireland and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You can read our full Disclaimer here.