Films on the Move
Call Opens 3rd October 2023
The Films on the Move action supports the wider distribution of recent non-national European films by encouraging sales agents and theatrical distributors in particular to invest in promotion and adequate distribution of non- national European films.
(This call was previously known as the Selective Distribution Scheme)
- The Films on the Move action shall encourage and support the wider distribution of recent non-national European films by encouraging sales agents and theatrical distributors in particular to invest in promotion and adequate distribution of non-national European films.
- Development of pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution strategies for non-national European films.
- Increased investment in theatrical and/or online promotion and distribution of non-national European films in view of expanding audience reach.
- Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films on a global market.
These are selective and indicative only - please refer to the Films on the Move Call Document for specifics about eligibility.
- Applicants must be a European sales agent. A European sales agent is the company acting as an intermediary agent for the producer, who specialises in the commercial exploitation of a film by marketing and licensing a film to distributors or other purchasers for foreign countries.
- The applicant must be appointed by the producer of the submitted film by way of an international sales agreement providing for the right to sell the film in at least 15 countries participating in the MEDIA programme.
- Applicants must be established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA Strand of the Creative Europe Programme and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its
- International sales and circulation of non-national European works on all platforms (e.g. cinema theatres, online) targeting both small and large-sized productions, including through coordinated distribution strategies covering several countries and encouraging the use of subtitling, dubbing and where applicable, audio description tools.
- Campaigns for the pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution of eligible European films, coordinated by the sales agent of the film.
- Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
- The available call budget is €16,000,000. The budget is divided indicatively as follows:
40% for the 1st cut-off date
60% for the 2nd cut-off date
A maximum 25% of the budget will be allocated to films with a production budget
superior to €10,000,000.
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): No limit.
- The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- Read the full call document to check eligibility and requirements.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP). Please ensure that you follow the guidelines on the funding and tenders portal when making your funding applications.
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal here on the EACEA website.
- You can see further information on how to apply on the Funding & Tenders portal on this page.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Creative Europe Desk Ireland and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You can read our full Disclaimer here.