TV & Online Content
4pm Irish time. Second call deadline is 16th May 2023.
Support to TV and online content is to increase the capacity of audiovisual producers to develop and produce strong projects with significant potential to circulate throughout Europe and beyond, and to facilitate European and international co-productions within the television and online sector. This call opens on 20th October 2022.
- Strengthen the independence of producers in relation to broadcasters and digital platforms
- Enhance collaboration between operators, including independent producers, broadcasters, digital platforms and sales agents, from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, in order to produce high quality programming aimed at wide international distribution and promoted to a wide audience including commercial exploitation in the multi-platform environment.
- Particular attention will be given to projects presenting innovative aspects in the content and in the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
- Independent European Production companies from countries participating in the MEDIA Strand.
- Commitment from 2 broadcasting companies from countries participating in the MEDIA Strand is required and involvement must be supported by contracts or signed binding letters of commitment.
- Coordinator must be the majority producer of the work in terms of rights. In case of a 50%-50% co-production, the coordinator should be designated by the partner(s) as delegate producer.
- Minimum of 40% of the financing of the total estimated production budget must be guaranteed from third party sources of finance, such as contributions from broadcasters, distributors, funds and private and/or public equity investors. Tax shelter is only accepted as a third party source of finance if confirmed by supporting documents from the competent bodies.
- A minimum of 50% of the total estimated financing must come from countries participating in the MEDIA Strand.
- Drama films, animation and documentary intended for linear and non-linear broadcasting, presenting strong cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, including between broadcasters;
- High creative/artistic value and wide cross-border exploitation potential able to reach audiences at European and international level;
- Innovative aspects in terms of the content and the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
- Special attention will be given to applications presenting adequate greening strategies in particular through the use of greening consultants; as well as gender balance, inclusion, and diversity.
- Cross-cutting Priorities: Digital Agenda.
- For creative documentaries, the maximum grant amount is €300,000 per project.
- For animation works, the maximum grant amount is €500,000 per project.
- For drama works, the maximum grant amount per project is: €500,000 if the eligible production budget is below €10m; it's €1m if the eligible production budget is between €10m and €20m; €2m if the eligible production budget is above €20m.
- The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- The grant will be a lump sum grant. This means that it will reimburse a fixed amount, based on a lump sum or financing not linked to costs. The amount will be fixed by the granting authority on the basis of the estimated project budget and a funding rate of maximum 20%.
- Read and download the full call document to check eligibility, requirements and funding.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- You can see further information on how to apply.
Please note that there will be a second TV & Online Content funding call deadline on 16th May 2023.