Video Games + Immersive Content
4pm Irish time
This call aims to increase the capacity of European video game producers, XR studios and audiovisual production companies to develop video games and interactive immersive experiences with the potential to reach global audiences. This funding support will help the European video games industry more competitive, increase production and reach of EU interactive immersive content, and enable the retention of intellectual property by European developers.
- to increase the capacity of European video game producers, XR studios and audiovisual production companies to develop video games and interactive immersive experiences with the potential to reach global audiences.
- to improve the competitiveness of the European video games industry and other companies producing interactive immersive content in European and international markets by enabling retention of intellectual property by European developers.
- Increased quality, appeal, feasibility and cross-border potential for selected projects.
- A stronger position on the European and international market for video games developers and companies producing interactive immersive experiences.
- Companies established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA strand and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its nationality.
- European video game production companies, XR studios and audiovisual production companies that can demonstrate recent experience in producing commercially distributed eligible works.
- Support will be given to the development of works and prototypes of interactive narrative storytelling with original content or quality gameplay intended for production and global commercial exploitation via PCs, consoles, mobile devices, tablets, smart phones, and other technologies.
- The aim is to provide funds to video game production companies and companies producing immersive content to develop original and innovative works with commercial ambition and potential to reach European and international markets.
- Only activities related to the development phase of narrative video games and interactive narrative immersive experiences, regardless of platform or expected distribution method, are eligible. The development phase is understood as the phase starting from the first idea until the production of the first playable prototype or first
trial version, whichever comes first. In order to be considered narrative, the story must be told or shown throughout the whole game (in-game storytelling) or interactive immersive experience, and not only as an introduction or an ending.
- Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
- Project budget - maximum grant amount: €150,000 per project. The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- The grant will be a lump sum grant. This means that it will reimburse a fixed amount, based on a lump sum or financing not linked to costs. The amount will be fixed by the granting authority on the basis of the estimated project budget and a funding rate of maximum 50% of total eligible costs.
- Read the full call document to check eligibility and requirements.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- You can see further information on how to apply.