On Thursday 9th December join i-Portunus for an online conference on Mobility of Artists & Cultural Professionals in Europe. Includes Video Portraits of i-Portunus artists and discussions on how to create more sustainable mobility, improve inclusivity, support diversity, and more.
i-Portunus is funded by Creative Europe to support the mobility of artists, creators and cultural professionals, implemented by a consortia of cultural organisations. It funds short-term mobilities for individuals to go abroad or for hosts to attract international talent.
Preliminary programme | Online 1pm to 3.15pm Irish time
- 14:00 – 14:10. Opening remarks. Cori Moore, Moderator
- 14:10 – 14:20. Keynote - Why do we need to support mobility of artists and cultural professionals in Europe? Mariya Gabriel, Commissionner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, European Commission.
- 14:20 – 14:30. Address: i-Portunus: the first steps towards a European mobility scheme for artists and cultural professionals.
- Johannes Ebert, Secretary General, Goethe-Institut.
- 14:30 – 14:40. Video Portraits of i-Portunus artists.
- 14:40 – 15:20. Panel discussions - How to combine sustainable and environmental friendly mobility while ensuring a European geographical coverage? - Marie Le Sourd, On the Move - Secretary General - Brussels, Belgium - Oksana Sarzhevskaya-Kravchenko, Director, Izolyatsia - Kyiv, Ukraine - Dea Vidovic, Director, Kultura nova, - Zagreb, Croatia.
- 15:20 – 16:00. Panel discussions - How to build an inclusive mobility scheme supporting the European diversity? Participants: - Fairooz Temimi - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion consultant - Lund, Sweden -Chloé Fricout, Head of Residencies department, Institut francais - Paris, France - Odette Brady, CeldelNord - Barcelona, Spain.
- 16:00 – 16:15. Concluding remarks and closing. - Barbara Gessler, Head of Unit - Creative Europe, European Commission - Cori Moore, Moderator.