Films on the Move
(This call was previously known as the Selective Distribution Scheme)
Deadline: August 24th, 2021 - 4pm Irish time
to encourage and support the wider distribution of recent non-national European films by encouraging sales agents and theatrical distributors in particular to invest in promotion and adequate distribution of non-national European films.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicants must be a European sales agent.
- The applicant must be appointed by the producer of the submitted film by way of an international sales agreement providing for the right to sell the film in at least 15 countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme.
SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR
- The activities to be funded are campaigns for the pan-European theatrical and/or online distribution of eligible European films, coordinated by the sales agent of the film.
- A minimum of 7 different distributors must be attached to the project out of which at least 2 must - originate from lower audiovisual capacity countries Group A or Group B.
- The film must be released between 1st October 2021 and 1st April 2023 or starting 10 weeks after the date of submission
- films must have a production budget of maximum €15m;
- it must be majority produced by a producer or producers established in the countries participating in the MEDIA strand.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP) which can be found here.
There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal here.
You can see further information on how to apply here