Every year the MEDIA Sub-programme supports more than a hundred European festivals notable for their particularly rich and varied programme of European films, their efforts to engage with the general public and their activities involving professionals in large numbers. Both Dublin International Film Festival and Cork International Film Festival have been a recipient of this support.
This scheme supports a number of film festivals throughout Europe that promote European cinema. One of its priorities is to support audience development as a means of stimulating interest in and improving access to European audiovisual works. Applications for festival support must include Audience Development initiatives, in particular initiatives aimed at young audiences.
Proposals must be submitted not later than 11.00am Irish / GMT time using the online application form (eForm). No other method of submission of an application will be accepted. Applicants shall ensure that all the documents requested and mentioned in the eForms are provided.
Please note that there is a new format - MEDIA Calls are now presented in one portal with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
A minimum of 70% of the eligible programming presented to the public during the festival or a minimum of 100 feature films (or 400 short films) must originate from countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme. Within this "MEDIA Sub-programme countries" programming must comply with the following:
- 50% of the films must be non-national.
- At least 15 of such countries must be represented
How to Apply
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Film Festivals Scheme can be found here. Please note that that MEDIA Calls are presented all together in a new format with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
- How to apply and access the Participant Portal for MEDIA Funding Schemes.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.