Film Festivals 2020
As a result of the difficulties by applicants due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the deadline has been extended to 21 MAY 2020 at 5pm. More information here.
Deadline 21 May 2020 for activities between 1/11/2020 and 21/05/2021
New for 2020: There is a new Action for Support to European Networks of Festivals to reinforce sustainability of European networks of festivals aiming to enhance cooperation among members through joint activities strategies. Click here for details. EForm now available here.
This scheme supports a number of film festivals throughout Europe that promote European cinema. One of its priorities is to support audience development as a means of stimulating interest in and improving access to European audiovisual works.
Proposals must be submitted not later than 4pm Irish / GMT time using the online application form (eForm). No other method of submission of an application will be accepted. Applicants shall ensure that all the documents requested and mentioned in the eForms are provided.
Please note that there is a new format - MEDIA Calls are now presented in one portal with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
A minimum of 70% of the eligible programming presented to the public during the festival or a minimum of 100 feature films (or 400 short films) must originate from countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme. Within this "MEDIA Sub-programme countries" programming must comply with the following:
- 50% of the films must be non-national.
- At least 15 of such countries must be represented
How to Apply
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Film Festivals Scheme can be found here. Please note that that MEDIA Calls are presented all together in a new format with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
- How to apply for MEDIA Funding Schemes.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.