Distribution and Sales Agents Automatic Support 2020
The MEDIA Sub-Programme of Creative Europe supports the distribution and broadcasting of audiovisual works (fiction, documentary, animation, interactive programmes) and of European films on-line, in movie theatres and on television.
The MEDIA Sub-Programme provides financial support to European Cinema distributors and Sales Agents for the distribution of non-national European films under two support mechanisms:
- The Selective Scheme
- The Automatic Scheme
The aim of the ‘automatic’ support scheme is to encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to Distributors, based upon their performance on the market, for further investment in new non national European films. The scheme also aims to encourage the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at €27.85 million. The financial contribution of the EU cannot exceed 60% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Action 1 – Support to Distributors
The applicant must be a cinema / theatrical distributor involved in commercial activity designed to bring to the attention of a wide audience a film for the purpose of exploitation in cinema theatres. This shall be the principal activity of the company or division of the company.
Action 2 – Support to Sales Agents
The applicant company must be a European Sales Agent. A European company acting as an intermediary agent for the producer, who specialises in the commercial exploitation of a film by marketing and licensing a film to distributors or other purchasers for foreign countries.
All films eligible for reinvestment must:
- Be a recent work of fiction, animation or documentary (min. duration 60 minutes)
- Have first copyright established no earlier than 2016
- Not consist of alternative content (operas, concerts, performances), advertising, pornographic or racist material or advocate violence
- Have been majority produced by a producer/producers established in countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and be made with a significant participation by professionals from those countries.
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Automatic Distribution Scheme.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.