European Film Distribution and European Film Sales
- to encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to distributors and sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of new non-national European films.
- to encourage the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies.
A maximum support of 75.000€ will be allocated per film. The EU grant is limited to a maximum co-financing rate of 60% of total eligible costs.
SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR
- The generation of a potential fund which will be calculated according to the performance of the company on the European market during the reference period.
- The implementation of the action: the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The scheme is opened to European companies active in the audiovisual sector.
- Action 1 – Support to Distributors:
The applicant must be a cinema / theatrical distributor involved in commercial activity designed to bring to the attention of a wide audience a film for the purpose of exploitation in cinema theatres.
- Action 2 – Support to Sales Agents:
The applicant company must be a European Sales Agent.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for all Creative Europe calls will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP) which can be found here. There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal here.
You can see further information on how to apply here