Promotion of European Works Online
This scheme supports the digital distribution of European audiovisual works to a wider, international audience as well as supporting projects that experiment with new models of distribution.
Please note that there is a new format - MEDIA Calls are now presented in one portal with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
The total budget for the co-financing of projects is estimated at €10.158 million. Applicants can request a maximum of 60% of their eligible costs.
European entities (private companies, non-profit organisations, associations, charities, foundations, councils, etc.) established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and owned either directly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries.
Applications for this call can be submitted for one or more of the following actions:
ACTION 1 - Support for the promotion, marketing and branding activities of existing VOD services
Actions such as digital promotion, marketing, branding, tagging and development of new offers by existing VOD services offering a majority of European films. The aim of the action is to improve the visibility, discoverability and global audience of European audiovisual works;
ACTION 2 - SUPPORT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF "ON LINE READY" PACKAGES
The preparation and delivery of digital packages of European audiovisual works online in countries where these works are not available. The preparation of these packages may cover: the encoding, the subtitling of the audiovisual works, the provision of metadata, the development of transversal/multi-territories marketing strategies and material.
- Catalogues must include a minimum of 20 European audiovisual works. For catalogues constituted only by television series (fiction or animation) the catalogue must include a total of at least 20 episodes of one or several series.
- Catalogues must include audiovisual works from at least two countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme representing at least two different official languages of the European Union. In case of catalogues constituted only by television series this criterion shall not apply.
- Each audiovisual work of the catalogue should be made available on VOD services in at least 3 other countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-Programme. The additional availability of the films for non-European countries is accepted.
ACTION 3 - SUPPORT TO INNOVATIVE STRATEGIES FOR DISTRIBUTION AND PROMOTION OF EUROPEAN AUDIOVISUAL WORKS
- This action is aimed at encouraging innovative strategies for distributing and promoting European audiovisual works. It shall aim at developing new business models or tools in order to improve the potential audience of European audiovisual works.
- Projects shall focus on the convergence and complementarity between off-line and online distribution platforms and/or the transnational availability of European audiovisual works within the digital environment and/or new approaches to audience development in the digital age beyond traditional distribution practices.
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes click here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Online Distribution Scheme can be found here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.