Distribution Support to Sales Agents
The MEDIA Sub-Programme offers financial support to European Sales Agents who can demonstrate a track record in the Sales of non-national European films. Irish films that were suported by the Sales Agents Scheme include The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) and The Breadwinner (2017).
Only costs incurred by the beneficiary during the period of eligibility of costs will be eligible. The international sales agreement signed with the producer must be signed during this period of eligibility.
Sales agent who meet the following criteria during a specified reference period:
- That they were the appointed Sales Agent of at least 8 eligible European Films (of which at least 1 was non-national) with an agreement to sell the film in at least 10 MEDIA Sub-Programme participating countries.
- That for at least 3 of these films in at least 3 countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-Programme there was a theatrical release (outside the country of origin) as evidenced by Distributor declarations under the Cinema Automatic Scheme.
An additional potential fund may be available depending on the potential fund generated under the Cinema Automatic Scheme for theatrical distribution of non-national films.
What's new for this call?
- There are no longer applications or fixed deadlines for reinvestment. Reinvestments are in the form of costs declared and beneficiaries have 24 months to spend their generated grant from the start of the eligibility period.
- Mandatory additional information is now required in the templates provided for Annex 2 and Annex 3.
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Sales Agent Scheme can be found here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.