Support for Development of Audiovisual Content - Single Projects
Previous Deadline: 12th May 2020.
The next Single Project Deadline is dependent on implementation of the 2021 - 2027 Creative Europe MEDIA programme. Please sign up to our Industry Newsletter to keep informed about MEDIA funding deadlines, markets and training initiatives.
Proposals must be submitted not later than 4pm Irish / GMT time using the online application form (eForm). No other method of submission of an application will be accepted. Applicants shall ensure that all the documents requested and mentioned in the eForms are provided.
Please note that there is a new format - MEDIA Calls are now presented in one portal with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
EForm now available here
The financial support awarded will take the form of lump sums as follows:
- €60,000 for Animation projects
- €25,000 for Creative Documentary Projects
- €30,000 for Drama if the estimated production budget is less than €1.5m
- €50,000 for Drama if the estimated production budget is equal or more than €1.5m
This scheme is for independent European production companies (established for at least 12 months) who can demonstrate a recent success (see description of Track Record below) who wish to develop a new project with international potential for cinema, television or a digital platform for which they own the majority of rights.
Eligible companies can apply for support to develop the following:
- Projects intended for cinematic release: Feature films, animations and creative documentaries (min. length of 60 mins)
- Projects intended for television (one-off or series): Drama (min. length 90 mins); Animation (min. length 24 mins) ; Creative documentaries (min. length 50 mins)
- Projects intended primarily for the purposes of Digital platform exploitation: Drama (min. length 90 mins); Animation (min. length 24 mins); Creative documentaries (min. length 50 mins). For projects presenting a user experience in a non-linear format e.g. Virtual Reality, these minimums do not apply.
The day of principal photography, or equivalent, of the submitted project must not be scheduled to occur within 8 months from the date of application.
Applicants must also be able provide evidence that they were either the sole production company (or the majority producer in a co-production) on an eligible project which has been...
- produced in the five years preceding the submission of the application
- and been commercially released or broadcast internationally since 1 January 2017.
If the company doesn't have the required track record then the personal onscreen producer credit of the Chief Executive or one of the shareholders can be used instead.
How to Apply
- Guidelines and documents relating to the Support for Content Development of Single Projects can be found here. Please note that that MEDIA Calls are presented all together in a new format with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
- For more information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
- Have a look at our Current Projects page if you would like to get an idea of the kind of projects that have been funded under various schemes.
- We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.