Slate Funding Support Scheme
SLATE FUNDING | NEXT CALL WILL BE IN 2021
Please note that there is a new format - MEDIA Calls are now presented in one portal with Guidelines divided into two main parts: Part A gives general information about the objectives, priorities, criteria and general rules applicable to all calls for proposals. Part B provides information and criteria per specific call for proposals.
A Slate Funding application must contain a slate of at least 3 and a maximum of 5 projects. Each project can receive an amount of support between €10,000 and €60,000 provided the amount does not exceed 50% of the eligible costs of the project. The total amount of support that can be allocated under Slate Funding is between €70,000 and €200,000.
A Short Film (max 20 mins) providing support to emerging talent can be included in the Slate as an additional project – ie a Slate of 3-5 projects plus one short film. If a short film project is included in the Slate the maximum contribution per Slate is €210,000 or €160,000 in the case of a Creative Documentary slate.
This scheme is for independent European production companies (established for at least 36 months) with an International track record who have recently produced an internationally distributed project and wish to develop a slate of projects (3-5) with international potential for cinema, television or a digital platform for which they own the majority of rights.
Eligible companies can apply for support to develop the following:
- Projects intended for theatrical release: Feature films, animation and creative documentaries (min. length of 60 mins)
- Projects intended for television (one-off or series) or digital platforms (total user experience): Drama (min. length 90 mins) ; Animation (min. length 24 mins); Creative documentaries (min. length 50 mins)
- The day of principal photography (or equivalent) of the submitted projects must not be scheduled to occur within 8 months from the date of application.
Applicants must also be able provide evidence that they were either the sole production company (or the majority producer in a co-production) on one eligible project. This project must:
- Meet the minimum lengths listed above
- Have been produced in the last five years
- Have been commercially released or broadcast in at least three countries outside of Ireland since 1 January 2017
- If the company doesn't have the required track record then the personal on screen producer credit of the Chief Executive or one of the shareholders can be used instead.
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Slate Funding Scheme are here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
- Have a look at our Current Projects page if you would like to get an idea of the kind of projects that have been funded under various schemes.
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.