The MEDIA Sub-programme Training & Networks scheme supports activities aimed at increasing the skills and networking capabilities of professionals in the audio-visual sector. This scheme offers grants to training providers with the aim of helping providers deliver vocational training activities. Activities may take the form of workshops and/or online coaching sessions and dissemination tools by using proven or testing new learning, teaching and coaching methods and best practice dissemination with a focus on digital technologies, audience development, and new business models
Grants can cover eligible personnel, operations and sub-contracting costs linked to the delivery of the course. The grant available depends on the kind of course that is proposed.
- European Actions: 60% of the total eligible costs
- International Actions: 80% of the total eligible costs
The 2019 Call is open only to organisations with Framework Partnership Agreements - European entities such as private companies, non-profit organisations, associations, charities, foundations, municipalities or local authorities which were selected under the 2018 Training Call.
Training programmes must develop the capacity of audiovisual professionals to integrate a European and international dimension into their work by improving expertise in the following areas:
- Audience development
- Marketing, distribution and exhibition
- Financial and commercial management
- Project development and production
- Opportunities and challenges of the digital shift
Eligible target groups include:
- Producers, directors, writers, script editors, commissioning editors, distributors, exhibitors, sales agents, new-media content providers
- Professionals working specifically in animation and post-production
- Professionals from the legal, banking and financial sectors connected to the audio-visual industry.
Training providers must choose from one of the following:
- European Actions: Courses which aim to improve the skills and competences of professionals who operate mainly in Europe. At least 80% of participants must come from countries that are participating in the MEDIA sub-programme.
- International Actions: Courses which aim to build the expertise, knowledge and capacity of European professionals to collaborate with their non-European counterparts in order to access international networks. Between 35% and 50% of participants can come from countries that are not participating in the MEDIA sub-programme.
irish training programmes
The Irish training programme, Screen Leaders run by Screen Training Ireland and the Irish Film Board, has been supported since 2008. Screen Leaders is a strategic company development programme for the screen industries that aims to transform your business. Designed for company leaders working in film, television, animation, games, post-production, VFX, facilities, sales, distribution and exhibition, it’s funded by the Creative Europe Programme and the Irish Film Board/Bord Scannán na hÉireann.
How to Apply
- For information on how to apply to Creative Europe MEDIA Schemes go here.
- Detailed guidelines and other documents relating to the Training Providers Scheme can be found here.
- Please pay particular attention to the list of Annexes to be attached to your application form!
We are here to help, so please do contact Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office or MEDIA Office Galway, if you have any questions regarding your application.