Last week the EU Parliament and EU Council agreed on a new budget of €2.2 billion for Creative Europe’s 2021-2027 programme. This marks a 50% increase compared to the 2014-2020 programme budget, which accounted for €1.46 billion in total.
However, the negotiations are still ongoing and we are not expecting the new programme to be approved before early 2021. The impact of this means that the first deadlines of the new programme will be later than usual and likely not until the second quarter of 2021 at the earliest. This is all to be confirmed and we will keep you updated.
While you’re waiting for the new guidelines to be launched, there are still a number of things that you can be working on over the next few months to ensure that you’ll be ready for the new calls. We will post regular tips and tricks on what you can do over the next few months on our website and in our Newsletter. Please sign up for our one or all of our Newsletters here.
Some initial tips for preparing for your next MEDIA application:
- Start thinking about what projects would work best for your selected call.
- What European countries would your project work best in and why?
- Are there any European co-producers/partners that you’d like to work with? Why not contact them?
- What platform is best for your project? What European distributors could you be targeting at this stage?
- How are you going to reach your potential audience? Brainstorm some ideas for how to market your project.
- Think about your company. Try and pitch your company in 3,500 characters!
We will explore these areas further over the next few months in our series of regular articles on tips and tricks for application preparation on our website.