The European Film Forum event, Creating the buzz around movies: Promotion, Festivals and MEDIA after 2020, will take place on Saturday 01 September 2018, 16.00 to 18.00 at the Excelsior Hotel, Venice Lido, Sala degli Stucchi. This year the Forum is informed by the Commission's recent proposals on Creative Europe MEDIA, AVMSD and copyright. This year's European Film Forum will discuss the priorities of the new programme and the concrete options for MEDIA in the future.
What would be the impact of more MEDIA support for film festivals and better cooperation amongst them? The event will explore how Creative Europe can make the most out of MEDIA programme funding to support film festivals in the future.
Confirmed speakers for the Film Forum
- Opening remarks by Paolo Baratta, President, La biennale di Venezia
- Keynote speech by Roberto Viola, Director General of DG CONNECT, European Commmission
- Laurence Herszberg, Festival Director, Séries Mania
- José Luis Rebordinos, Festival Director, San Sebastián International Film Festival
- Chiraz Latiri, Director, Tunisian National Cinema and Image Centre (CNCI)
- Ulrich Wegenast, Managing Director, Internationales Trickfilm-Festival Stuttgart
- José Luis Cienfuegos, Festival Director, Sevilla International Film Festival
- Closing remarks by Silvia Costa, MEP, CULT Committee