The Brussels Short Film Co-production Forum is an initiative that aims to promote partnerships between European producers. The Forum will take place on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th April 2020 during the Brussels Short Film Market which is supported by Creative Europe.
The producers of the selected projects will be invited to Brussels and the invitation includes a travel grant, hotel accommodation, meals and a free accreditation to the Brussels Short Film Festival.
European and Belgian producers looking for a co-producer are invited to submit their short film projects. The event will consist of:
- Pitching session of selected projects
- One-on-one business meetings
- Invitation to convivial professional cocktails
- 10 European projects and 4 Belgian projects will be selected to take part in the forum.
If selected, producers will have the opportunity to:
- Pitch their project in front of important Belgian and European producers.
- Have individuals meetings with different professionals to defend their project.
- Build contacts to find public and private funding for their projects in case of an agreement.
- Take part in the Brussels Short Film Festival and Short Film Market.
Only projects respecting the following eligibility criteria will be considered:
- The project is a short film - Animation, Fiction or Documentary.
- The duration does not exceed 30 minutes.
- The project must have partial funding granted by a third party organisation: script development grant, production fund, state or local government support, investment from a broadcaster, prize money from a foundation or contest, etc.
- The project is suitable or intended for co-production.
Any producer applying with a project formally commits to attend the forum in person in Brussels in case of selection.
HOW TO SEND THE APPLICATION ?
Eligible producers must send their application by email to - firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th February, 2020. Applications should be sent as 1 single PDF file containing the entry form carefully filled out plus all other additional documents required.
DEADLINE 11th February 2020. You can find more information here on this opportunity and how to apply.