- The Green Deal for European Cinemas
- Tuesday 28th Sep 2pm Irish time (online via Zoom)
- REGISTER HERE
The ambitious climate targets and the implementation of the European Green Deal have set a new course for climate and environmental policy in Europe. Find out more at this conference organised by the Creative Europe Desks MEDIA network with Birgit Heidsiek, FFA Green Cinema Officer.
In order to achieve the climate neutrality targets in the EU by 2050 greenhouse gas emissions must be gradually reduced. This conference will provide an overview for energy solutions that will pay off for the bottom line as well as for the climate.
An introduction by Lucia Recalde, Head of Creative Europe MEDIA at the European Commission on the relevant MEDIA strategies, will be followed by cinema exhibitors from Germany, the Netherlands and Great Britain who will present an overview of legal requirements and best practices in their cinemas.
European panelists will also discuss the implementation of eco-friendly measures in the operation of cinemas:
- Lauriane Bertrand, Creative Europe MEDIA, European Commission
- Paola Migliorini, Deputy Head of Unit, Sustainable Production, Products, and Consumption, DG Environment, European Commission
- Benjamin Dauhrer, CTO/CMO, Cinecitta, Nuernberg, Germany
- The conference will be moderated by Birgit Heidsiek.
Register here by 24th September via Eventbrite. You will be sent the ZOOM link shortly before the event.