The penultimate year of the Creative Europe Programme (2014-2020) has seen the highest annual award to Irish companies to date with over €2 million in funding received for Training, Development, TV Programming, Festivals, Market Access, and the Promotion of European Works Online. Well done to all the Irish companies who have been successful with their MEDIA applications!
SINGLE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT | 6 IRISH COMPANIES | €300,000
Tailored Films, Tiger Darling, Ink and Light, Lightcube, Ripple World and Wide Eye Films received a total of €300,000 for the Single Project Development of Fiction and Animation projects.
SLATE DEVELOPMENT | 5 IRISH COMPANIES | €914,611
5 Irish companies – Samson Films, Film & Music Entertainment, Wild Atlantic Pictures, Underground Films and Savage Productions – were awarded Slate Funding support totalling €914,611.
OTHER FUNDING AWARDS |
- Video Games: Timeslip Software and Psychic Games received a total of €91,077.
- TV Programming: Crossing the Line and Gambit Pictures were awarded €213,000.
- Training Programmes: Screen Leaders from Screen Skills Ireland received €195,893.
- Market Access Scheme: Galway Film Fleadh €75,000.
- Film Festival Funding: Cork Film Festival €55,000.
- Distribution Automatic Scheme: Curzon Film World Ltd and Element Pictures were awarded €14,532.
- Promotion of EU Works Online: Usheru received €194,520 for the European Film Platform, We Love Cinema.
These latest results bring the total to €10.8 million awarded to Irish audiovisual and games companies since the Creative Europe Programme commenced in 2014.
Negotiations are currently underway regarding a new Creative Europe Programme to operate from 2021-2027. The European Commission has proposed an increase in funding of 30% for the Programme which will have an increased focus in innovative story-telling, pan-European distribution strategies and investment in audiovisual professionals.