Congratulations to the companies who received MEDIA funding in the latest round of results! Eight Irish companies have have been awarded development grants for Single, Slate, Games, and TV Programming while two were awarded grants for Distribution. To date, Irish projects, training programmes, distributors, markets and film festivals have been awarded funding totalling €8, 668, 562 million by Creative Europe MEDIA.
All MEDIA calls and deadlines for 2019 are now open. Contact our Dublin or Galway offices if you have any queries about the schemes, applications or eligiblity.
Congratulations to the three Irish game companies who have been successful in the latest Creative Europe MEDIA Video Games funding round! There were five Irish applicants in total for this round. The three successful applicants are:
- Gambrinous (Cardpocalypse)
- Isometric Dreams (Sunken Spectre)
- Simteractive Ltd (Designer Life)
We will co-host a Video Games Funding workshop with IMIRT in January 2019 in advance of the next Video Games deadline on 27 February 2019.
In other game news, IMIRT and Games NI have joined forces to bring North and South Game Developer communities together for Run for the Border event on Saturday 19 January 2019, 17.30-23.30 in The Spirit Store, George's Quay, Dundalk.
Creative Europe MEDIA Office Dublin and Creative Europe MEDIA Northern Ireland Office will fund a free reurn bus from Belfast / Dublin to Dundalk. More information and event tickets available here.
Well done to JAM Media and Green Pavilions on their Slate Funding Awards. The next deadline for Slate Development funding is 20 February 2019. We will host a Slate Application workshop in January 2019 - make sure you are signed up to our Newsletter to keep an eye on dates for our events! (Sign up at bottom of this page).
Crossing the Line Productions have received TV programming support for their wild life series set in America: Big Bend - America's Wildest Frontier. There is an upcoming TV Programming deadline on 18 December 2018 and another on 29 May 2019.
Successful Irish applicants are Cartoon Saloon with Silly Sundays and Dingle-based company South Wind Blows with their film adaptation of John McGahern's novel, That They May Face the Rising Sun. The film will be adapted and directed by Pat Collins. The next Single Project Development deadlines are 18 Dec 2018 and 24 April 2019.
AccessCINEMA and Wildcard Distribution have received funds to distribute four films in Ireland.
- BORDER (GRANS) | AccessCINEMA
- UTOYA 22. JULI | AccessCINEMA
- LAZZARO FELICE | AccessCINEMA
- TWARZ | Wildcard Distribution
If you are a Distributor, please note that for the 2019 Selective Distribution call there are significant changes including:
- The applicants must be a European sales agent company which has been over the last 3 years the appointed sales agent of at least 3 films that have been theatrically released in at least 5 countries.
- The sales agent must be appointed by the producer of the film by way of an international sales agreement providing for the right to sell the film in at least 15 countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme.
- A minimum of 7 different distributors must be attached to the project. Out of the 7 distributors: at least 3 from high/medium capacity countries and at least 2 from small/very small capacity countries
- The film to be released must have a maximum budget of €15 million