In order to keep up the networking spirit of the physical MEDIA stands, Creative Europe MEDIA has moved its showcases online during the 2020 edition of the Marché du Film as part of Festival de Cannes 2020. Every day from 23rd to 26th June at 4:00 pm Irish time, MEDIA will livestream one showcase featuring industry professionals that will share their experiences and tips on dealing with the COVID-19 crisis.
The showcases will be fully public and accessible not only through the platform of the market, but also on social media via live stream. More information on how to join will be made available shortly.
Tuesday, 23 June at 4pm Irish time
TOPIC: Socially distant, digitally close: film festivals and markets during the COVID pandemic and beyond.' A conversation with two festival directors who had to undertake the transition to digital in just a few days: best practices, lessons learned and long-term changes.
- Laurence Herszberg, CEO Seriesmania.
- Tine Fischer, CEO CPH:DOX
- Moderated by Lucia Recalde, European Commission.
Wednesday, 24th June at 4pm Irish time
TOPIC: 'Releasing films in the age of the pandemic.' Faced with the forced closing of theatres, distributors have experimented new ways to release films. How can these innovations boost the circulation of films in a post-covid industry?
- Eduardo Escudero, Distributor, A Contracorriente Films
- Alexander Vandeputte, Distributor, Lumiere
- Moderated by Ivan Brincat, European Commission.
Thursday, 25th June at 4pm Irish time
TOPIC: 'COVID19 festival premieres: streaming and masking?' This topic follows the plea launched by a group of festivals asking for support and protecion in the audiovisual ecosystem in a digital environment. Festivals are pivotal for the functioning of the audiovisual industry, with their marketing function, audience development impact and talent scouting potential. Adapting festival practices to the new circumstances dictated by the COVID19 pandemic is a priority for the recovery of the audiovisual ecosystem.
- Elise Jalladeau, Thessaloniki Film Festival
- Daniela Elstner, Director General Unifrance TBC.
- Moderated by Maria-Silvia Gatta, European Commission.
Friday 26th June at 4pm Irish time
TOPIC: 'Access to finance - challenges faced by female professionals post global pandemic.' In partnership with European Women’s Audiovisual Network, this is a dialogue between two female professionals that will share their experiences and views on pitfalls and blockages that they may have encountered as women, in particular focusing on the access to finance challenge.
- Julie Gayet, French producer and CEO of three audiovisual production companies
- Juliane Schulze, coach and mentor for SMEs in business planning, investment and access to finance.
- Moderated by Tamara Tatishvili, European Women's Audiovisual Network.
More information about MEDIA activities during the 2020 edition of Marché du Film is available here.