Call for Residency Hosts from Culture Moves Europe
Apply now for the second call for residency hosts from Culture Moves Europe! The call provides financial support to organisations and individual artists that want to host international artists and cultural professionals for a residency project.
The second call for residency hosts under the Culture Moves Europe mobility scheme opened on 16th October 2023. This call provides grants to organisations and individual artists registered as legal entities in one of the 40 Creative Europe countries that want to host international artists and cultural professionals for a residency project.
Applicants should send their proposals with details about the duration, objectives, and expected impact of their residency project. They are required to provide a suitable environment, equipment, and a mentor for the invited artists. This ensures that the participants have good conditions to implement their projects.
The residency action targets hosts working in:
- cultural heritage
- design and fashion design
- performing arts
- visual arts
The application process is divided in two phases:
- Selection of hosts
- Confirmation of the invited artists, creators and cultural professionals selected by hosts
To be able to apply, you must:
- be a representative of an organisation or a person registered as a legal entity.
- organise activities connected to at least one of the sectors listed above.
- regularly organise artistic and cultural activities or/and have the capacity (i.e facility, services, staff and mentoring) to implement an artistic and cultural residency project.
- invite at least 1 and a maximum of 5 artists or cultural professionals, to take part in the residency project, who legally reside in at least one other Creative Europe country.
- The project must last a minimum of 22 days and a maximum of 300 days.
- Hosted individuals should all be part of the residency project at the same time and for the same duration.
- The residency project and stay of the individuals must be uninterrupted.
For the full list of eligibility criteria, please download the Call Document for Culture Moves Europe Call for Residency Hosts.
When to apply
The deadline to apply is 16th January 2024, 22:59:59 Irish time (23.59:59 CET).
You will need to create an account here on the Goethe-Application Portal.
If your residency project is selected, you will be notified in early March 2024, through the Goethe-Application Portal, and be invited to proceed with the selection of artists participating in your project. Selected hosts will have one year starting from the date of signature of their grant agreement to complete their project.
The Culture Moves Europe team is available to answer questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Culture Moves Europe Funding Webinars
The Culture Moves Europe team host weekly information webinars on Fridays. Their first Residency Webinar Q&A will be held on Friday 27th October. You can check the Culture Moves Europe Linktree here for updates and registrations.
Creative Europe Desk Ireland - Culture Office will host a webinar on Culture Moves Europe's Residency Call in November. Date to be confirmed.