Europe in Focus + MEDIA Desk Events at Biennale 2023
The European Commission and Creative Europe MEDIA events at 80th Venice International Film Festival.
The European Commission will be at Venice Bridge Production as part of the 80th Venice International Film Festival by co-hosting a Europe in Focus session on Intellectual Property.
Europe in Focus: IP in a Transmedia World - Boosting Creativity and Audiences
Saturday 2nd September, 2.30pm to 4pm CET, Hotel Excelsior (3rd floor), Spazio Incontri, and online on the VPB live channel. Open to accreditation pass holders and the public.
The European Media Outlook Report, published in May 2023 by the Commission, has shown that the stakes for EU industry competing with global players are greater than ever! This panel will discuss recent global trends in exploitation of IP across film, series, publishing, video games and virtual worlds. The increasing value of retaining and exploiting IP will be explored, both for creative growth and reaching wider, younger audiences.
- Moderator: Philippe Reynaert (General Manager, Xanadu)
- Introduction: Laurence Farreng (Member of the European Parliament)
- Panellists:Theo Collier (Rights Director, Feltrinelli Group); Philipp Schmidt (Chief Transformation Officer of Prisma Media, Managing Director of Prisma Media Solutions, Vivendi); Emilie Blézat (CEO, Producer & IP Creator, Dark Riviera); David Dusa (IP Creator & Writer, Dark Riviera)
- Conclusion: Martin Dawson (Deputy Head of Unit Audiovisual Industry and Media Support Programmes, DG CNECT, European Commission).
Fishbowl Conversation in Venice
Saturday 2nd September, 12pm, Venice Immersive Market, Spazio Incontri - Isola lazaretto Vecchio
The Creative Europe Desk Italy MEDIA in close collaboration with the Desks Germany, Denmark, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands and Portugal, are pleased to invite you to a Fishbowl Conversation on the topic of artificial intelligence.
- The conversation will be hosted by: Astrid Kahmke | European Creators Lab (DE), Michele Ziegler | NewImages XR Market (FR) and Kirsty Van Der Plas | Immersive Tech Week (NL).
- Keynote by Mads Damsbo, Makropol (DK).
- A networking cocktail will follow on the terrace of the Immersive Market.
- Register here.
Meet the Creative Europe Desks
Sunday 3rd September, 3 - 5pm, Venice Production Bridge, 3rd Floor Hotel Excelsior
- Open to accreditation pass holders and Immersive subscription holders. Or register in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org