How to Apply
- Participant Portal
- Completing your Application
- Technical Assistance
- Assessment of Applications
Applications are made directly to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) in Brussels through an online system. To apply for a grant you will first have to register your company or organisation through the EACEA Participant Portal and receive a Participant Identification Code (PIC). You only need to do this once and prospective applicants can now register using the following steps:
1. Sign up for an ECAS account. You will be sent a verification email; click on the link to create your password.
2. You will then be redirected to the Participant Portal where you will be prompted to enter specific details about your company or organisation.
3. Enter your company information into the Participant Portal and upload the following documents:
- Legal Entity Form
- VAT Certificate and extract from the official gazette/trade register (private companies only)
- Legal resolution or decision (public entities only)
Additionally, when the requested amount exceeds €60,000:
- Financial Capacity Form
- Complete and certified annual accounts (two years for commercial companies or the most recent year available for non-profit companies)
For companies requesting an amount over €750,000:
- An audit report approved by a certified accountant certifying the accounts for the last financial year available
Before you start your application, we recommend reading through the guidelines, FAQ and User guides for the relevant funding scheme. Links to these documents can be found on the relevant funding scheme pages on this website.
Once registered and logged in, you can download an e-form for your desired scheme and begin your application. Please note that some schemes require a paper application in addition to the eForm. To create your eForm, you will be asked to go through the following steps:
- Select the funding opportunity.
- Select a language option.
- Select the organisation(s) participating in your proposed activity.
- Create the application eForm.
- Save the application eForm to your local computer or network drive.
- Fill in the e-form and save regularly.
- Don’t forget to complete the compulsory annexes to the eForm. Details on which annexes are required will be found on the relevant funding scheme page. They differ from scheme to scheme.
- The entire application including Annexes must not exceed 10MB.
- Once you have completed the eForm and the annexes, validate it by clicking the Validate button on the eForm. This triggers an automatic check that informs you your application form is complete. If it is, you can submit it online by clicking the green Submit button on the last page.
- When you have submitted your application online, you should receive a confirmation email and reference number. If not, contact the helpdesk – please see details below.
Please note that the deadline is 11am Irish Time on the relevant deadline day. The system shuts down at this time and no more applications are accepted.
If you have a technical issue submitting your application, please refer to the eform User Guide relating to your relevant funding scheme. If, after referring to the eform User Guide you still have a question or have encountered a technical problem in relation to the e-Form, please contact the HelpDesk services.
Helpdesk e-mail address: email@example.com
HelpDesk phone: +32 2 299 0705
The Executive Agency (EACEA) has a database of experts who have a high level of expertise in the programmes managed by the Agency. These experts will assess applications from their field of expertise (for example, an experienced producer would review applications for the Single Project Development Scheme). Experts usually only review applications from outside their country of residence to ensure that there is no conflict of interest. All applications are assessed by two independent experts. Expert Evaluation Guides are available to download through links on the relevant funding scheme page.
If you are interested in becoming an Expert, you can find out further information here