Creative Europe MEDIA at Cannes Film Festival 2023
Creative Europe MEDIA will be the Cannes Film Festival at the MEDIA stand, Pavilion number 120, in the International Village at the Marché du Film.
The European Commission, Creative Europe and the Creative Europe MEDIA Desks will host a variety of events this year at the Cannes Film Festival.
European Film Forum | Thursday 18th May, 10am to 11am
- European Film Forum | Looking ahead: a vision for the European Audiovisual and Media Industries
- Main stage, Palais des Festivals, Cannes and online on the DigitalEU Youtube account.
- Keynote speech by Thierry Breton, European Commissioner for Internal Market
- Fireside chat by Pierre-Antoine Capton, Co-founder and CEO of Mediawan
- Panel discussion moderated by Marjorie Paillon, Host, speaker and producer, Carl L. Woebcken, CEO of Studio Babelsberg; Bruno Patino, CEO of ARTE; Teresa Fernández-Valdés, independent producer and founder of Bambu productions.
- Closing remarks by Giuseppe Abbamonte, Director for Media Policy, European Commission
usheru ¦ Showcase: Unlock the Community | Friday 19th May, 5pm to 5.30pm
usheru are excited to announce a ground-breaking new project, with the support of Creative Europe funding, called 'Unlock The Community.' This project aims to build meaningful audiences for films and drastically reduce the cost of marketing. We invite you to join us in exploring this new cutting-edge approach to film distribution, which has the potential to revolutionise the industry. Moderator/Speaker : Oliver Fegan. Creative Europe MEDIA stand.
European Media Industry Outlook | Saturday 20th May, 4pm - 4.30pm
The European Commission will present the results of its 'European Media Industry Outlook' - a report on industry developments in the audiovisual, media and videogames sectors across the EU. The presentation will unveil new data on audience preferences and consumption and will explore demand and supply trends. It will also report on the potential impact of these trends on the European media market and business models.
Moderator : Marjorie Paillon. Speakers : Lucia Recalde, Head of Unit Audiovisual Industry and Media Support Programmes, DG CNECT.
Palais Stage, Palais des festivals and online for accreditation holders.
MEDIA Info Session: Sales Agents Call |Tuesday 23rd May 9.30am - 10.30am.
Moderator/Speaker : Stefano d’Orilia. Creative Europe MEDIA stand
Celebrating the MEDIA Community | Presented by Creative Europe MEDIA Desks
The Creative Europe MEDIA Desks will welcome beneficiaries of the MEDIA programme (2021-2022) to gather together and meet with other European professionals during happy hour at the Creative Europe MEDIA Stand on 18th, 21st and 22nd May at Creative Europe MEDIA, Pavilion number 120, International Village.
- Thursday 18th May, 5.30pm to 7pm | Happy Hour Creative Europe Business cluster beneficiaries. Talent & skills, Markets, MEDIA 360, Innovative tools & business models. Beneficiaries can register here.
- Sunday 21st May, 5.30pm - 7pm | Happy Hour Content cluster beneficiaries. Includes mini-slate, slate, co-development, XRVG development, TV. Beneficiaries can register here.
- Monday 22nd May, 5.30pm - 7pm | Happy Hour Audience cluster beneficiaries. Includes European Festivals, Network of European Festivals, Audience Development and Film Education. Beneficiaries can register here.
MEDIA FILMS AT CANNES
This year nine films supported by Creative Europe MEDIA will be showcased during Cannes Film Festival, four of them are short-listed in the official and therefore competing for the Palme D’Or.
- Club Zero, by Jessica Hausner
- La chimera, by Alice Rohrwacher
- Kidnapped (Rapito), by Marco Bellocchio
- Four Daughters (Les Filles d'Olfa), by Kaouther Ben Hania
Out of Competition
- Jeanne du Barry, by Maïwenn Le Besco
- Along Came Love (Le temps d'aimer), by Katell Quillévéré
- Robot Dreams, by Pablo Berger
- Marguerite’s Theoreme (Le théorème de Marguerite), by Anna Novion
Un Certain Regard
- The Settlers (Los colonos), by Felipe Gálvez
Parallel sections of the Cannes Film Festival
International Critics' Week (Semaine de la Critique)
Tiger Stripes by Amanda Nell Eu
Directors' Fortnight (La Quinzaine des Cineastes)
The Other Laurens (L’autre Laurens), by Claude Schmitz
Creatura by Elena Martín Gimeno
The Birthday Party (Il compleanno di Enrico) by Francesco Sossai
La sélection de l'ACID
Machtat by Sonia Ben Slama