MEDIA & EU Events at European Film Market, Berlinale 2024
EACEA and Creative Europe MEDIA will host a series of information events at the Berlinale's European Film Market this year. The European Film Market takes place from 15 - 21 February, and is one of the top three meeting places of the international film and media industries.
All the MEDIA events will take place at the Conference Lounge, Gropius Bau at the European Film Market.
EACEA and Creative Europe MEDIA Events
- Sunday 18th February, 9.45am - European Film Sales
- Monday 19th February, 09.30am - European Film Distribution
- Monday 19th February, 11:00am - European Co-Development
- Monday 19th February, 3.15pm - Showcase of Innovative Tools Projects: Crew United, COSPA, and BetaSeries Forecast.
Accreditation isn't required to attend.
EU Commission Event at EFM
- Saturday 17th February, 3.15pm, Setting the Stage for a Thriving Ecosystem for European Content, Event Hall, Documentation Centre for Displacement, Expulsion, Reconciliation. This event will also be streamed online here. This year’s session, presented by the European Commission, will explore the business strategies European producers, broadcasters and other market players can pursue to create high end series, films and documentaries and successfully market them to European and international audiences. How can they create and exploit IP beyond their core markets and audiences? How can they attract investment to do this? Following an introduction by the European Commission, a panel of European broadcasters and producers will share their valuable insights.
Some European Film Market Highlights
- EFM Industry Sessions provide keynotes, conversations, think tanks, workshops, presentations and community building formats as well as networking opportunities covering all sectors of the industry.
- Consultancies with ACE Producers & Bridging the Dragon in co-operation with Creative Europe MEDIA: Producers can ask experts for advice on various topics and are invited to exchange knowledge. The consultancy sessions will be extended to Far East Asian regions for the first time in cooperation with Bridging the Dragon. You can pre-register for Consultations & One-on-Ones in February 2024 if you are registered for the EFM with an (Online) Market Badge and logged into your account.
- EFM Docs and Archive Market: All EFM documentary activities, networking programme and meeting point can be found in the Documentation Centre for Displacement, Expulsion, Reconciliation, just a three-minute walk from Gropius Bau. The selected talk formats will focus on topical developments in the documentary landscape.