The Place of Markets in the Documentary Landscape, Docs Ireland, 23 June 2023
We are delighted to support The Place of Markets in the Documentary Landscape event in partnership with Docs Ireland on Friday 23rd June in Belfast.
- The Place of Markets in the Documentary Landscape
- Friday, 23rd June, 4:45pm
- 2 Royal Avenue, Belfast BT1 1DA
- BOOK TICKETS
The non-fiction film industry is an ever evolving enterprise and with the recent appetite for content leading to mass expansion the consequences of which have provided both positive and negative outcomes for those producing documentary film.
The documentary marketplace at film festivals have historically played an integral role in the business of making film, but the continued shifts in the industry have begun to alter their place within the ecosystem. Covering a variety of topics around the place of markets in the documentary landscape, representatives from important international marketplaces will discuss how they perceive their current function in the industry, how they work in this capricious environment, and the strategies they employ to ensure they are supporting documentary filmmakers to raise the financing they need to make their films.
- Pierre-Alexis Chevit, Head, Cannes Docs
- Selin Murat, Markets Manager, IDFA
- Brigid O’Shea, Co-Founder, Documentary Association of Europe
- Sofia Tocar, Coordinator, East Silver at East Doc Platform, Institute of Documentary Film
Please book your tickets here to secure a place.