- Project Type
- Documentary Feature Film
- The Farthest
- Release Date
- Irish Partner
- Crossing the Line Productions
- Funding Strand
- Slate Funding Development
- Year Funded
Emmy Award winning feature documentary directed by Emer Reynolds and produced by Crossing the Line Films. The Farthest is a feature documentary that tells the captivating tales of the people and events behind one of humanity’s greatest achievements in exploration: NASA’s Voyager mission, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this August.
The twin spacecraft, each with less computing power than a cell phone, used slingshot trajectories to visit Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. They sent back unprecedented images and data that revolutionised our understanding of the spectacular outer planets and their many peculiar moons.
- Emmy for outstanding science and technology documentary at the 39th News & Documentary Emmys in 2018.
- Barcelona International Film Festival 2017, Winner Gold Lion Award.
- Dublin International Film Festival 2017: Winner Audience Award; Best Film; Best Irish Documentary.
‘MEDIA funding has allowed us to develop ideas and produce films to the highest international standards. It has really helped elevate the quality of our work which has in turn spurred us on to even bigger and better projects.’
— John Murray, Crossing the Line Films